Virtual Cockpit Needle Sweep

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to activate the needle sweep function in the virtual cockpit? If so, how is it done, or did your Audi dealer do it.

I'm sure mine does it already, but now you've put doubt in my mind I'll need to check when I leave work :blink:

My previous two cars did it (but were analogue dials).

Mine does it when you turn the ignition on i’m 90% certain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does it on the S3 as standard but it looks pretty bad IMO. It's jerky. The old analogue dial looked great doing it but this is the only thing that looks nasty in the VC

It does it on the S3 as standard but it looks pretty bad IMO. It's jerky. The old analogue dial looked great doing it but this is the only thing that looks nasty in the VC

I had it activated in my previous A3 Sport saloon that had analogue dials, but as my new Q5 has the virtual cockpit, I was wondering if the needle sweep could be activated, but your comment above is making me think twice!

Hmm yeah ... that does look jerky, I'd rather not have it sweep on the VC if I had it!

I agree, that looks ****** awful compared to the analogue dials sweep, so don't think I'll bother for my Q5.

Mine does needle sweep as default and I’ve never noticed it was jerky. I will check next time (and maybe take a video).

Maybe in VC next gen with a new and improved processor or whatever it will be smooth ;)

I think it's fast enough as the other transitions seem to be smooth. Just poor software engineering ;-)

Here's a video of needle sweep in my car. Doesn't look jerky to me and has never misbehaved. Sorry that the instrument cluster is grubby -some idiot has wiped it with a dirty cloth (not me!). Also apologies for camera shake -one handed so as to turn on ignition. This was already enabled when the car was delivered, no modifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
Needle sweeps works every time on my VC, not jerky and came as standard.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Here's a video of needle sweep in my car. Doesn't look jerky to me and has never misbehaved. Sorry that the instrument cluster is grubby -some idiot has wiped it with a dirty cloth (not me!). Also apologies for camera shake -one handed so as to turn on ignition. This was already enabled when the car was delivered, no modifications.

Yup, checked mine and it's the same as this.

Mines smooth as silk.

Video capture may look jerky due to software encoding, and the frame capture rate of todays modern digital cameras being a bit lacklustre in comparison to the mk1 human eyeball.

Reactions: Jcbmally
I have a VC on my 2016 A3, when i got the car it never swept the needles on start up! i was then told about carista in which i bought, its a very good product and can customise pretty much everything.