Facelift Virtual Cockpit "Issues"

i have big screen, unit with 2 sd slot and sim slot, no touch pad, navigation.. and build in wifi.. :/
Would need to know the part number if you have a facelift car. If you don’t have a facelift then you won’t have a compatible MIB.

i have facelift. is there any ETKA online to see what MIB do i have?

you need vcds to see what mmi is in..
But i can tell right away. It will not support vc. As this is the most expensive mmi.
But if you retrofitted... then take a look.
You need the 8v1035035 or 8v1035036 where the 036 doesnt have dab.
Q2 mmi is possible too: 81a035035 or 81a035036.

These mmi have 4 facra ports instead of 2.
2ports:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-CcAAOSwQepboZar/s-l1600.jpg
4 ports:
https://shop.autopartsveghel.nl/med...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/4/84259-2.JPG.jpg

Facra ports:
display middle
usb
vc
not used

Last edited:
How come the Q2 MMI is possible to be retrofit in the A3 in order for the VC to work? The MMI that is linked to the VC in the Q2 has a way bigger main screen than the A3 can handle, not sure on inches but it’s bigger and won’t fit in the dash. Also doesn’t retract. Unless you guys are taking about just using the MMI box and linking it to your existing MMI screen?

Nope.
The q2 vc is the same. Same partnumber and a friend of mine even installed it on his a3 8v.
The vc and mmi even have the a3 in it's database. Its just coding to change q2 to a3. I think it's safe to say the q2 is the a3 sister car.

The bezel arround the vc is specific for q2 and doesn't fit .

To fit the a3 8v bezel b4 cutting the dash, just install it and get a permanent marker to draw the cuttimg line. Its a tight fit. Very tight. I thougt i was going to brake it. After cuttimg hook up the vc and install.

Cutting: use a oscillating saw. And cut a bit more than your line.

The q2 is also a good source for acc stalks. The q2 even have a limitter on the stalk. And could be a potential retrofit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormesome
Nope.
The q2 vc is the same. Same partnumber and a vriend of mine even installed it on his a3 8v.
The vc and mmi even have the a3 in it's database. Its just coding to change q2 to a3.

The bezel arround the vc is specific for q2 and doesn't fit .

I know the VC is the same, I stated the MMI screen.

Vc and mmi screen use different resolution.
Guess the mmi can cope with both.

Reactions: Ormesome
Guess the mmi can cope with both.

Yep that would be my question. I guess the Q2 MMI unit works with the higher resolution screen in the A3, this would cut costs too if you are installing VC and already have the high resolution screen in the A3. I thought the original question was back to the OP and that he wanted to put in a Q2 MMI with a low resolution screen from the base standard A3. Surely that wouldn’t work.

As far as I checked, none israeli radio station offers DAB service.
So, i'm good to buy a 81V035036B unit?

Depents on what you want: A hacked unit is the only solution to get a MIB2 in a prefacelift car. Unlimited map updates aa/carplay actvated.

If you have a facelift car you need to be carefull that you could be locked out all these items, They can be activated on facelift but $$$. Also here it might be better to have an unlocked mib.

Ask b4 you buy.

Hey, I have a brand new 2020 AUDI A3 that has been retrofitted with Virtual Cockpit,
Due to my local importer trying to save money, it came with the MMI2 STD.

While retrofitting the VC, the MMI2 wasn't upgraded to the HIGH version due to extremely high costs.
I have a problem with the VC which I don't know if it's normal (because my MMI is the STD one).

Sometimes on the "playback" section it displays "No Entries Available", and sometimes it does show the songs information (on Bluetooth, USB cable same results sometimes it show and sometimes no entries available).

It does the same with the radio stations (only shows the name of the current station - but doesn't let u switch stations via the VC as it says "No entries available")

Same thing on the VC phone menu.
i've added a few pictures which in them you could see sometimes it does display media info, and sometimes it doesn't. The phone's info never popped out.

PS: the "missing letters" are fine because the MMI doesn't support Hebrew (and the songs name were in Hebrew)

Hi SleAze,

It would be awesome if you could message me, I just joined the forum and can't send PMs

Hey, I have a brand new 2020 AUDI A3 that has been retrofitted with Virtual Cockpit,
Due to my local importer trying to save money, it came with the MMI2 STD.

While retrofitting the VC, the MMI2 wasn't upgraded to the HIGH version due to extremely high costs.
I have a problem with the VC which I don't know if it's normal (because my MMI is the STD one).

Sometimes on the "playback" section it displays "No Entries Available", and sometimes it does show the songs information (on Bluetooth, USB cable same results sometimes it show and sometimes no entries available).

It does the same with the radio stations (only shows the name of the current station - but doesn't let u switch stations via the VC as it says "No entries available")

Same thing on the VC phone menu.
i've added a few pictures which in them you could see sometimes it does display media info, and sometimes it doesn't. The phone's info never popped out.

PS: the "missing letters" are fine because the MMI doesn't support Hebrew (and the songs name were in Hebrew)

hello I have the same problem as you but it was a specialized garage that carried out the retrofit for me VC+ mib2H hight harman everything works correctly except the display of the media on the vc which sometimes does not seem to work. have you solved this problem

I found the solution to this problem, it was enough to activate the "MOST HIGH" with VCDS in the 5F Module
"adaptation" channel

Reactions: Username Login
Mám otázku. Mám A3 8V 2014, namontoval som VC ale pomýlil som sa a namontoval VC z hybridu (moja chyba, ponáhľal som sa). Mam moznost kupit VC 81A920790, budu mi tieto fungovat v aute alebo bude problem naucit imobilizer ked maju GEKOWFS2?

Mám otázku. Mám A3 8V 2014, namontoval som VC ale pomýlil som sa a namontoval VC z hybridu (moja chyba, ponáhľal som sa). Mam moznost kupit VC 81A920790, budu mi tieto fungovat v aute alebo bude problem naucit imobilizer ked maju GEKOWFS2?
Need 8V0 920 790, 790 A or 790 X from non hybrid vehicle.

Potrebujete 8V0 920 790, 790 A alebo 790 X z nehybridného vozidla.
Viem len, že nové sa nedajú zohnať za rozumnú cenu, preto som sa pýtal, či nebude problém s 8A1920790? Pretože je na nich uvedené GEKOWFS2

Viem len, že nové sa nedajú zohnať za rozumnú cenu, preto som sa pýtal, či nebude problém s 8A1920790? Pretože je na nich uvedené GEKOWFS2
Might be an idea to switch to English as this is an English speaking forum...

You need one of the cockpits I detailed above if you don't want to run in to issues. Not sure what else to say.

I can speak any language when I have had a few beers, that and I have google translate installed :)

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solved it was enough to rewrite the eeprom

Reactions: piedepesante