Virtual Cockpit Glitches

jemichae

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
goo.gl
Is this the 'normal' screen action that people get on the right hand side of their VC when being rerouted during navigation?

Seen any other funky VC behaviour?
22c43f1d140618c9e45fd097da30a7e7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not sure about the re-routing bit but if navigating using a programmed route I only get the grey bit with the roads and blue arrows, not the map extract behind it.
I tend to have the main map on the pop up screen in the centre console too.

Not sure about the re-routing bit but if navigating using a programmed route I only get the grey bit with the roads and blue arrows, not the map extract behind it.
Yup, that's what I normally see too.
Have never seen google map appear on the right hand side. Appeared during rerouting. Stayed until it was happy I was back in track.
But I'm pretty sure it didn't used to happen.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Only thing I've noticed is with the media tab not loading properly

I haven't seen any glitches with VC and I've definitely never seen anything like that first picture. Only glitch I've had is my * button sometimes forgetting what I have it programmed for (Driving Mode) but it always works next start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only owned it a day but used my navigation and it never looked like the right side of your picture. Mine was a black background with a brief description of the next move needed to make.

Talking about VC though, either I'm losing my mind, it's broken, or it's very cleverly changing screen brightness automatically given sunlight...... anyone noticed this?

100% it is noticeably different brightness from time to time, and all I can think of was that when the sun was shining directly towards the front of the car the screen went brighter. At dull moments in the weather it seemed to dim the brightness. Happened both on the VC and MMI screen, anyone seen/noticed that?

Yes it does alter brightness automatically but at night I find it too bright and have to adjust manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, AndrewB and Steelster
Only owned it a day but used my navigation and it never looked like the right side of your picture. Mine was a black background with a brief description of the next move needed to make.

What I posted is specific to re-routing. Normal nav is fine, with no Google maps in the background. Sounds like it's not normal though...

4345da504dbb096881840cc47951acce.jpg

If I remember I'll try this in the morning and see what happens and let you know.

Reactions: jemichae
When you say re-routing, does that happen immediately after after you deviate from the recommended route?

Also, when it happens, does the destination time/distance continue to count down as expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say re-routing, does that happen immediately after after you deviate from the recommended route?

Also, when it happens, does the destination time/distance continue to count down as expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll video it to be sure of the sequence. Pretty sure the new route had been recalculated, as I was about 200m from the point I had deviated.
Think that this then appeared, telling me how to get back onto the route it wanted me to take.
Yup, countdown to next turn (the overlayed one it wants me to take) still operating correctly.

What I posted is specific to re-routing. Normal nav is fine, with no Google maps in the background. Sounds like it's not normal though...

4345da504dbb096881840cc47951acce.jpg
I specifically deviated from the route it was offering multiple times to go on back roads, don't remember seeing this though. Maybe I was too concentrated on driving like a learner to notice though

Mine's never done this when I've been re-routed by either nav or me taking another turning.

Sorry to steal your thread, but is there anyway in MMI to change the right hand side of VC i.e. when not using nav and it just displays date and time?

Mine's never done this when I've been re-routed by either nav or me taking another turning.

Sorry to steal your thread, but is there anyway in MMI to change the right hand side of VC i.e. when not using nav and it just displays date and time?
yeah mate, use the right hand side button and it should show something like "additional content" or whatever. only 4 or 5 options, think its date/time or some tripmeter stats.

EDIT: right hand side button is pretty vague :D I mean on the left side of the wheel, that sort of "option" button to the right of the OK scroll wheel!

Reactions: CookD and Audi Bairn
I'll video it to be sure of the sequence. Pretty sure the new route had been recalculated, as I was about 200m from the point I had deviated.
Think that this then appeared, telling me how to get back onto the route it wanted me to take.
Yup, countdown to next turn (the overlayed one it wants me to take) still operating correctly.

Tried it on the way home today.
Programmed it for the wrong destination deliberately then drove home.
Definitely didn't get the map extract behind the grey and blue direction on the rhs like your pics.

Tried it on the way home today.
Programmed it for the wrong destination deliberately then drove home.
Definitely didn't get the map extract behind the grey and blue direction on the rhs like your pics.
Thanks for testing, and all the feedback. I'll get it looked at next service. The way I'm going, that won't be long.