Virtual cockpit errors and IPhones

rich_16

Reaction score
My VC has started playing up again. The map isn't displayed on the VC screen, it just goes black then I get the following SIM card error then all Audi connect services pack up

It's already been into Audi who identied a communication issue but found no solution. They thought it might be down to my phone.

I have an iPhone 6 with latest OS. Has anyone else had and issues with Audi connect dropping or VC playing up?

I suspect I'll take car back to Audi but not sure what else they will try.

Attachments

• IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    600.3 KB · Views: 176
Mine works fine with my iphone 6, except I use a separate SIM for data and Audi Connect.
Are you using the phone wifi hotspot for for data?

The latest OS made Carplay much more stable though for me.

Mine works fine with my iphone 6, except I use a separate SIM for data and Audi Connect.
Are you using the phone wifi hotspot for for data?

The latest OS made Carplay much more stable though for me.

No I don't use wifi hotspot. I just pair it via Bluetooth. Audi suggested I change my phone last time so weren't a lot of help. I tongue in cheek suggested maybe I should change my car as I paid a lot of money for the tech pack and VC!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Sounds like you need to push Audi to look at this or escalate if they have no idea. Mine has 'gremlins' where it it just disconnects from my phone, and switches to DVD... I have had the data service error a couple times, but not for 2-3 weeks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I occasionally get that Insert SIM notice, but it does go away again fairly quickly. Usually happens when no signal on the Audi SIM AND my phone.

Not had your issues, but should the VC remember which screen you were viewing before turning off the engine? Mine always defaults to the first option of time date/short term memory etc regardless of which screen I used previously.

My VC has started playing up again. The map isn't displayed on the VC screen, it just goes black then I get the following SIM card error then all Audi connect services pack up

It's already been into Audi who identied a communication issue but found no solution. They thought it might be down to my phone.

I have an iPhone 6 with latest OS. Has anyone else had and issues with Audi connect dropping or VC playing up?

I suspect I'll take car back to Audi but not sure what else they will try.
Not sure its your phone.
I get that message regularly...and I don't have a smartphone of any kind! I just click `Accept`.

What happens when you click accept? Mine won't do anything. Only when I next get into the car an hour or so later does it fix itself.

Looks like it's back to Audi but they don't really have a clue how to stop it from happening. Bit poor really.

Not had your issues, but should the VC remember which screen you were viewing before turning off the engine? Mine always defaults to the first option of time date/short term memory etc regardless of which screen I used previously.

Mine's the same. Frustrating really.

What happens when you click accept? Mine won't do anything. Only when I next get into the car an hour or so later does it fix itself.

Looks like it's back to Audi but they don't really have a clue how to stop it from happening. Bit poor really.
When I click `Accept` it goes back to the screen it was on. Strange, eh.