SQ5 Virtual Cockpit black screen

Geordie Lee

Reaction score
Hello.

I have owned MY18 SQ5 for 1 year and it has done 8,500 miles with no issues. However today I popped out and the virtual cockpit did not ‘boot-up’ and I had a blank screen. Had to pull in a side road, switch the engine off and restart the car. It eventually came back on.

I have never had this. Has anyone else and not sure if a trip to the dealers will be needed. It does seem slow to get going now, i.e the tachometer shows and then a few second late the left and right images come up..this has never happened before.

Any thoughts from anyone.

Not vc but my console display turned red a while back. Needed a total new one but because I ‘couldn’t remember’ the cars milage the dealers reset it to 7k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: paul wev
Hello.

I have owned MY18 SQ5 for 1 year and it has done 8,500 miles with no issues. However today I popped out and the virtual cockpit did not ‘boot-up’ and I had a blank screen. Had to pull in a side road, switch the engine off and restart the car. It eventually came back on.

I have never had this. Has anyone else and not sure if a trip to the dealers will be needed. It does seem slow to get going now, i.e the tachometer shows and then a few second late the left and right images come up..this has never happened before.

Yes take it in, this doesn't seem right at all compared to mine..

Hello.

Touch wood, I've not had any issues with any of the virtual cockpit functionality in mine so far (late '17 model, similar mileage) or on the centre console display.

Definitely sounds like a trip to the dealer!

Might be related but I lost all my D.A.B. signal & all the stored station list. No search function when I tried to get it back etc , trip to the dealers & they did a software update & it's been fine since. Might be worth asking?.

Reactions: paul wev
Hello.

Luckily no problems with mine so far. I hope you get yours sorted and can you give us an update on how it got fixed - just in case !