Vintage childhood memories.....

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
Mines is my love for computer games I remember when I was about 6 or 7 years old
i was at a car booty with my mum and dad, I was always aloud to walk a few cars aahead to have
a play with the sellers toys and have a nosey. On particular
visit to the boot sale I'll always remember as that was the day i
fell in love with the 'GAMEBOY' I remember asking my dad to buy
it for me but he said no!! ... :( I was deeply disappointed and huffed the
whole way home in the car.

That day at dinner as usual I would pick thru my food and nibble at it
but would never clear the plate. My dad then said to me that if I eat all
my dinner he would have a surprise for me. With a bit more persuading
i eventually ate all my dinner. With a big smile on my face I asked my
dad for my surprise. He then revealed the large grey and quite heavy GAMEBOY
i was the happiest little boy that day!!

So obviously as I got older I misplaced the damn ting and I tink I lost it
or my nephew has it lol who knows. Well........ Today I got notified that my ebay
win has been shipped which just so happens to be a 1989 grey GAMEBOY with games!

;) can't wait to get a wee play with it to relive some epic memories!! P.s TETRIS FTW! ;)

P.s ( typed on an iPhone so apologies for the mess of this post) :)

Can't beat Tetris on the original Gameboy! I only ever managed to clock that game 3 times getting 300 lines I think it was?

Unfortunately, I had mine stolen at secondary school locked away in my bag. Some fekker picked the lock and just took it during a break!

I gave my grey one to my mum when the slim colour screen type came out, I have 2 here, one is clear and see through and the other is a purple/blue colour, i have so many fond memorys playing on them when iv been sat on long flights having a great time whilst the other passengers was sat there board to tears!

Saying all that, I'm going to get the clear one out and treat it to a new set of batterys!

Edit, Done!
75b2b82b.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh all you youngsters with your digital age games :noway:

ACTION MAN! The original and best. Still have quite a few, but I used to have a boxed Commander with radio pack and two little records that you put inside. Had all the paperwork with it still and I put it on ebay about 4 years ago. There was a bidding war and it went for £480 :yahoo: