VIM Doesnt work on 2018 models!

Liddo

S5 Sportback Lease
Reaction score
Gutted! Just tried to set VIM to active in my 2017 S5 and noticed OBDEleven says it doesnt work on software revisions 1116 or newer! Mines on 1117 :(

Anyone else got around this yet???

Reactions: Seeemor
Gutted! Just tried to set VIM to active in my 2017 S5 and noticed OBDEleven says it doesnt work on software revisions 1116 or newer! Mines on 1117 :(

What is VIM?

Assuming you were wanting to watch videos from something plugged into the car? Only way I know without doing any coding, is to use a Jailbroken iPhone and use an app called NGXPLAY downloaded through Cydia. This allows you to use any app on CarPlay i.e Youtube, Video, and others.

If this is for the on board 360 camera or reverse camera, you may need to consult a VAG coder.

It was mainly my Mrs or Niece to watch movies on long trips! I can watch an SD card full of AVI files whilst sat still, but obviously not on the move. If i was on version 1116 or less, it'd work fine and unlock with OBDEleven

Crazy that you would put a video on whilst driving, you will get distracted by it as much as you think you wouldn't. Just get them an iPad.

It was mainly my Mrs or Niece to watch movies on long trips! I can watch an SD card full of AVI files whilst sat still, but obviously not on the move. If i was on version 1116 or less, it'd work fine and unlock with OBDEleven

We know it's illegal to drive like that. right?

Hi,
How do you find out the software version of the MMI? I tried doing mine this morning, its says its on but it does'nt work, i have a 2017 S3