1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Village bike riders

Michael Holloway Jan 1, 2019

1. Michael Holloway

Michael Holloway Member

Who else hates these pushbiking inconsiderate *** holes?

CHEZ and Raiden like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Alistair D

Alistair D Hey GOOOOD looking

Don't hate them, but,
    Could anyone tell me if their views on how bright bicycle lights can be? or is it a free for all?

I was driving home in the hours of darkness and was virtually blinded by a bike coming towards me, using a cycle path.

Now I want it both ways. Should it not be compulsory, if there is a cycle path for bikes to use them? Near where I stay the council(Tax payers) has spent thousands £s building a cycle path/foot path but cyclists still use the, at times, very busy road. My friend is one of them and says he'd rather dice with traffic than dodge joggers and dog walkers!!

4. Michael Holloway

Michael Holloway Member

Not all are knobs but 95% are n what ****** me off the most is the dont pay road tax but expect all the same as us paid road users

Raiden likes this.
  5. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

And no insurance or plate, few months back one took my wing mirror off flying past as I’m stuck in traffic in town and took off no way of catching her,luckily it was a company van. But how do you make them pay for it or am I expected to take the hit on my insurance,And the fact they want you to treat them as a car by leaving room yet they will fly through a red light, can’t have it both ways. espically in London them bikers are crazy.

Don’t get me wrong probably 80% aren’t knobs who think they own the road, same can be said about drivers too

6. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Well-Known Member

No such thing as road tax mate... you don’t pay any either.

I do agree that they should have a plate and insurance though.

7. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member

What annoys me most are the ones riding on the road, when there's a perfectly good cycle path available. Amazing how many times you see that.

8. Michael Holloway

Michael Holloway Member

So what do i pay every month 2 dvla loool?? N im glad im not the only 1 who isnt very keen on them

9. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

You pay based on emissions of the car , that is why electrics cars are free. Road tax stopped in 1937..
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23694438

Michael Holloway likes this.
  10. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Well-Known Member

Vehicle Excise Duty. It’s got nothing to do with the roads and plenty of drivers with zero emissions cars pay nothing.

Michael Holloway likes this.