Video - Matrix LED in action

MCarda

Reaction score
Hi all,

I decided to make a not so short video compiling some dashcam footage I had from the other weekend with the LED Matrix headlights in action driving up the A3.

Long video I know but definitely gives opportunity to showcase what the lights do in real-world driving conditions. Please note these are the standard LED Matrix not HD LED Matrix headlights.

Reactions: AdamInKent, The Saints and Whimsy
I’ve got an A6 on order so interesting to see how good standard matrix LED’s are. I’ve also seen in the numerous reviews I’ve watched that the rear and front lights animate on lock and unlock, is this the case with the standard matrix, all the reviews I’ve seen this feature all appear to be HD Matrix LED’s?

It’s amazing I have a 2019 a6 and love driving at night to see the matrix dance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve got an A6 on order so interesting to see how good standard matrix LED’s are. I’ve also seen in the numerous reviews I’ve watched that the rear and front lights animate on lock and unlock, is this the case with the standard matrix, all the reviews I’ve seen this feature all appear to be HD Matrix LED’s?

Negative, the lights don’t animate with standard. Also only the rear indicators do the “sweep.”

Reactions: The Saints
I’ve also seen in the numerous reviews I’ve watched that the rear and front lights animate on lock and unlock, is this the case with the standard matrix, all the reviews I’ve seen this feature all appear to be HD Matrix LED’s?

The animation is only on the HD Matrix lights.

I must admit, I love the standard matrix lights.

At the other end of the lighting scale, I'm driving a 2019 Q2 sport, while my A6 is back at Audi (for the 4th time), to have the tailgate looked at. The Q2 has halogen headlamps (as does my wife's 2018 Q2) and they are absolutely hopeless. Makes me appreciate the Matrix LED's even more.

Reactions: The Saints
Thanks all I thought this was probably the case, just need to wait the 3-4 months to take delivery !!!