Video input on A5 (b9)

grahammcm1888

Reaction score
Hi all

I have had my A5 for a couple of Months now and love it however I would like to connect a video device to it and view on MMI screen. This could either by my iPhone, fire-stick or Chromecast , anything really. I don't think I have an Multimedia interface to connect something to so I am stuck. I did try a Video aux cable but it looks like the aux port in the armrest is audio only. I have a couple of SD cards in the glove box , 2x USB (and the aux port) in the arm rest. Is there anywhere else other than the glove box or the armrest to connect a video signal too?

Reactions: rickparmar
Used USB Stick but only way i can get it to work is by lowering the quality from 1080 down to 720p maybe i`m doing something wrong but that.s the only way i have found.

Reactions: grahammcm1888
Used USB Stick but only way i can get it to work is by lowering the quality from 1080 down to 720p maybe i`m doing something wrong but that.s the only way i have found.
Yeah thats not a problem. I have got usb working .I just want to connect an external video signal or even better mirroring on my phone but can’t work it out.

If you have android phone you can do mirror link I think, I have apple and that has no link other than car play.
You can have mirror link in motion with OBDeleven also.

I do have OBDeleven and can activate mirror link in motion but I though hardware was also required to enable this? Can you just use android and activate mirror link in motion then?

Found this
Needs extra hardware as you said.

Still struggling with this.

Does anyone know a way to connect a external video source to A5 b9 ?

Bump

Search aliexpress for:

Car Accessories Multimedia Video Interface Integrated For 2017 Audi A5 B9 Camera Interface With Parking guidelines

165 dollars and it allows 2 video inputs no audio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181202-235501_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20181202-235501_AliExpress.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 445
Reactions: cuke2u
I'm interested in this too, let me know how you get on

Would love to mirror my iPhone or play Netflix. When I'm waiting for people.

Reactions: grahammcm1888