Video Footage of new A3/S3

I'm interested to see what the non xenon headlight unit will look like.

I'm interested to see what the non xenon headlight unit will look like.
Me too. I've been into Audi today but still no details other than the internal memo.

He did say that the 170 TDI won't be available to order until September.

Whats with the Parking Assist?
Is it like the automatic parking as on the Lexus LS460?
Sort of useless I know but quite funny to be able to sit back and have a cigarette whilst parking.

Whats with the Parking Assist?
Is it like the automatic parking as on the Lexus LS460?
Sort of useless I know but quite funny to be able to sit back and have a cigarette whilst parking.

Its exactly the same system used on the current VW Tiguan. Just search for Tiguan Park Assist on youtube for more info. Its a quite good system but no way as good as the rear camera mounted systems like the Q7 as it requires a 1.4 meter on top of the length of your car before auto park will engage, anyone with half a brain and a driver's license can parallel park in such a huge space imo!

Not as impressive as I thought, as mentioned with all that gap it is easy to do manually.

I would have found itmore beneficial if it could do it in tighter spots, even then I would always worry!

It could be a decent system for big cars like the Tiguan so your local single mother taking their kids to school can park properly, but its quite pointless on a small car like A3 imo

Yes, but it's all about pushing the technology out and getting it noticed. Much easier I am sure for Audi to play around with it on an A3, than the Q7, simply from a size point of view.

Man, you definitely don't need 400 quids worth of technology to do that. If you can't park in a space that big unaided, you shouldn't have a driving licence!!!

Pity they didn't give it a real world challenge...