vibration / juddering at idle and after coming to a stop

Part-Timer

Reaction score
New problem, when coming to a stop say for example at the traffic lights, there will be a strong vibration / juddering coming from behind the centre console in dashboard when in gear / drive / sport (DSG). Also stops IMMEDIATELY as soon as the car is put into park or neutral or with a little rev. I'm able to feel it on the brake coming to the stop and being able to make it louder / quieter using brake under a couple of mph.

car runs v.good, better than ever. My mechanic just eliminated limp mode cleaning and rebuilding turbo, fitted some coilovers & eliminated squeaky suspension, fitted new rear brake caliper, a new turbo-back exhaust and did something to driveshaft, replacing CV joints I think.

So a lot's been done, and now I've got another problem which I need to fix. After one day it seems to be even louder and happening more , and when starting the car ( it starts fine) then putting into drive I get the loud vibration / juddering. When pulling away slowly I can feel it on accelerator pedal.

Could anyone please note what sounds like the culprit, does it sound like an Engine Mount, Gearbox mount, or Flywheel, new exhaust or driveshaft etc so I could go back to my mechanic and get it checked and fixed?

2004 2.0 TDI BKD A3 , FLYWHEEL REPLACED AROUND 30K AGO

It was the exhaust I had fitted. The top bracket off the down pipe (the bracket which sits like under the gearbox and center console area, was too long needed cutting down, it had snapped and needed welding back on.

Thanks for the advice though