Vibration from rear when pulling away on a lock, only does it once (til the next day)

philreed52

Reaction score
Hi all, My S3 (AMK 2001) has developed the above fault, when I pull away on a lock the car vibrates from the rear axle, it does it first thing in the morning after being parked at night, then it wont do it again until its been parked up for a short while, sometimes until the next day. Its gradually getting worse, it seems as though its a common fault, I just hope i dont need a new rear diff lol.

As always any help is apprieciated

Phil

I changed the oil and filter on the haldex coupling and it solved the problem.

Hi mate i had similar problem and it was the passanger side engin mount under the airfilter was loose( i say loose but i mean held on by one bolt half wound out).

i may have a tool for sale soon, il have to dig it out as im not sure where it is at the moment.

Never read properly thought u said noise came from front, sorry for post.

where you from barters? I'm desperate to do this and have a friend who works for audi so i could probably borrow the tool from him to do it rather than buy one, but if your local to me then i'll buy it from you. i'm from bridgwater somerset

Could it be brake related, perhaps brakes binding - stuck caliper?

car vibrates from the rear when on lock ? not quite as common as what most have- rear wheels feels locked or drag on full lock.

I'm in Torquay, not a million miles away but not exactly local.

yea it did kinda feel like the wheels were locking up, the oil looked like engine oil when i drained it lol. changed the haldex filter and oil, the osr brake was binding a little bit so I cleaned that up too. Think its sorted it now, another noise has started tho, sounds like a bird chirping from the front although it doesnt change under any circumstances, just does it between 30ish and 80ish..weird..