Vibration at high speeds

triggerboo

Reaction score
Is exactly what it says really. Vibration noticeable at 60+. Not wheel balancing done it with both sets of wheels. Any ideas? Dmf?

Just a thought but did you get the vibration before you put your bigger brakes on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All I'm thinking it that maybe the hub faces had a little rust build up from the old disks and when the new larger disks where put on, that if not cleaned off thoroughly would end up out of balance more due the the size.

I always use a prep wheel on hub faces when replacing disks so I know that they are seated correctly.

A lot of people don't bother as you can get away with it sometimes, so if by chance you didn't clean them I would strip them down and do it before you get too many miles on the disks

Ok cool thanks for the advice. I did scrub it off with a wire brush. Where are you based? Don't fancy stripping them down again lol

Ooh not far. I'm in Leigh half the week fancy a few beers lol

Then I couldn't drive lol

Can't do it this coming week.....but could come to some agreement the week after.

Cheers Carl. It's ok I'm just being a cheeky sod lol right Yorkshireman me you know. It's going back into the body shop next Thursday for them to put right what they should of done in the first place. Lol. Then I'm away camping lol busy time of year lol

If you get stuck pal let me know.....got a mate that's a true Yorkshireman, tighter than a ducks ****

Reactions: Dani_B19
Haha good man I'm notorious for the yorkshiremans war cry. "HOW MUCH?????"

You could be his brother by the sounds of it......you're all related one way or another

But like I said if you get stuck let me know!

You could be his brother by the sounds of it......you're all related one way or another

But like I said if you get stuck let me know!

Cheers. Would it be the flat face of the hub. Or around the centre do you think? Or is that just a very dumb question lol

It would be the whole area that the disc is in contact with so all the flat area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

check your wheel bearings are not worn or your hubs are not a a bit loose , vibration can and does stem from this aswell , as the wheel rotates faster centrifugal force etc have a bigger impact , so , if there are any loose parts or worn parts in the equation it can be noticed by vibrations and the faster you go the more they will be amplified.
just a thought.