Vibrating/Bad Fuelling and struggling to start... All rolled into 1 thread now...

Zaac

Reaction score
Ok so i've got a few threads open but want to get it all into one as it may all be related.

My car is an Audi A4 1.9PD 130 it's been remapped to about 170.

Under load the car has what can only be described as a rotational wobble? the harsher under load it is the more the car will wobble. Had new O/S Drive shaft about a month ago problem went away. Now it's come back...

I've been having issues with horrible fuelling my injectors on VAGCOM are all over the place, had a new MAF as i thought that was the issue but that hasn't solved anything. Also recently the brakes are getting really hot but with no dragging etc.

The other day i lost the vacuum to my actuator on my turbo it 'popped' off so got that re-attatched and that seemed to make the issue with fuelling and flatspots not as bad but is still bad.

When the car is warm and you go to start it sometimes it will just fire up at about 700rpm and then cut out sometimes twice and is rough when first started after being warm, but when cold it fires up first time. The boggyness etc only seems to happen when the car gets up to temperature?

I'm really at a dead end now and at the point of just scrapping it, i can't even be bothered to try and sell it because i've just lost all passion for this car now..... Hopefully someone will come along and help and restore my faith in Audi!

Wobble under load and vibration, I would say DMF on its way out.
I would have the map taken off before finding the source of bad fuelling, or maybe the map could be the cause of your issues??

The clutch and DMF are quite strong, the vibration/wobble can be seen through the gearbox which i suspected mount but they look fine. The map was already on the car before i got it, how do i return it back to standard?

Contact recent owner and ask them who mapped it then contact them or contact local mappers see what they can do.

If brakes are heating up the only thing I could imagine it being is the caliper/piston sticking - maybe disturbed when having driveshaft fitted and now stuck back in place?? That could possibly explain the wobble under load too(depending on where it feels it is coming from). Suggest maybe investigating the caliper on 'new driveshaft' side.

EDIT. just read other posts. if wobble can be seen at gearbox then maybe sticky calipers aren't the problem there

possible inner joints? bad fuelling what we saying? injector wiring loom?

Where abouts are you? Try Colin at CNL remapping, he's based in Rugby but can/will travel. I know he can remove maps/restore ECU's to factory Did it with my BMW.

Loom or injectors themselves. What's it like on idle? Definitely suggest doing what Kris said and returning it back to standard (map) before going through with further diagnostics.

About an hour away, not too bad. Defo give Colin a ring, better yet if he's already around and about the area it will cost you next to nothing to get the map taken off, if not free..

I take it you've scanned for faults with vcds? I would have thought if it was the loom it would throw a fault code out

I had it on VAGCOM and the cylinders were 1,2,3 -0.84 and 4 +1.82 so all seemed good, was getting 50mpg no problem then all of a sudden the car just changed without warning or nothing built up to it it just changed at the click of the fingers its really weird, no fault codes at all.

hi mate,ive had a vibration on mine ever since i bought it and cant quite nail my problem either without guessing at parts.
maybe we can sort it together, mine vibrates like crazy at mway speed through the front body but can drive through it and its also faint at low speeds, the steering wheel is spot on so cant be suspension wheels etc and ive replaced flywheel clutch too and all engine mountings apart from rear gearbox which looked ok when i replaced dmf.
i couldnt see much play in driveshafts but think i might try them as its gearbox after that and theres a tiny little bit of free play in ns gearbox flange when turned forward and back more so than os.
i do have a slight dribble leak from the tandem pump but would this cause problems as theres no faults on vag com either?
let me know if this sounds similar to yours, i can even drive it at say 30-40mph and when put foot down under load it feels like the engines banging away in the engine bay but as i say ive replaced both mounts and front bush.

It's supposed to be the inner joints that are bolted in and can't be accessed it's a case of getting both drive shafts at the front done and if there lowered there a longer shaft so you have to take 10mm out so i've been told :-\