Vibrating and braking and dry steering - Suggestions?

Meemo

Reaction score
Sorry it is a long one :)

So my b8 is being plagued by a vibration issue which has now left the car feeling dangerous and undriveable and me clueless.

It feels unstable and notchy and on braking it vibrates so hard the steering wheel shakes, like when you drive over the traffic control lines coming off the motor way or into a 30 (and then some). it was having these issues but bareable up until I bottomed out last week and whatever it was is now fudged good!

I have had all 4 disks and pads changed. it was vibrating on brake before and this solved it for a few months.

But few months later it came back, so changed a sticking caliper for a new one at the back and another set of new disks and pads. but the issue seems worse!

the fronts dont seem to be sticking so is unlikely warped at the front but I wont rule it out.

when the car is stationary when i dry steer at 3 points in the steer i get a distinct vibrate noise and feel in the steering and peddles, audible outside and in. We checked with the car off (so no power steering) and turned the wheel whilst someone had their hand on the steering rack underneath, and they felt the vibration through the steering rack (I really hope it isnt).

on driving the steering occasionally has a spack and suddenly pulls hard towards a dip or bump, physical turns the steering out my hands hard. I have driven this car since 2013 and it has never behaved like that, it feels awful and something is definitely broken.

Also had the control arm bushing and wheels bearing changed recently at the front. It is due a proper tracking but not bothering incase the front comes appart to fix this issue.

Any one want to play sofa mechanics? would appreciate some ideas of what to look at next, really appreciate any suggestions :)

wear in suspension components can cause tracking to go out of line under braking and steering judder as a result of the wheels fighting each other to go in a straight line.

wear in suspension components can cause tracking to go out of line under braking and steering judder as a result of the wheels fighting each other to go in a straight line.

The other thread in the b8 section (copy of this) got allot of responses. I went back to pagid disks and pads after finding the mtec disks was tearing chunks out of brand new pads including a set of Genuine Audi ones that was damaged after only 30 miles. Company wasnt keen to take liability even after i bought 2 more disks to replace 2 I thought was maybe warped, they all did the same.
Been 2 months and just monitoring to see if it comes back now.