VF Intake Pod Cover

fuzion

Reaction score
Wanting to enclose the pod filter on the VF intake

LGIM0028.jpg

(pic hi jacked from another friend, same thing though)

has anyone done so, any pics by any chance? as id like to make sure its well .. legal lol

I'm a little confused what you mean by legal? I take it you are trying to enclose the filter to give a more stock look? If so can't say I've seen this done and have contemplated this myself many times. Im not sure how (or if even atall possible) but closest I can think of is possibly salvaging parts from the 2.0 tsi intake system
112_0806_02z+2009_VW_tiguan+engine.jpg

If you closed it up wouldn't it restrict the airflow ?

Not necessarily. I will be having a induction pipe coming from the side as well as the face on as well and under will be open still.

You need to have it enclosed to be street legal unfortunately in Australia. They come up with legit but stupid reasoning's to why it needs to be covered so im wanting to enclose it for now.

Will have to put some perspex around it.

What about something like the BSH True seal?
You could modify the enclosure so it creates a seal when the bonnet is closed?

Does that get passed our stupid rules?

Not mine, i did trim mine. Its sitting in my room collecting dust as i have been mega lazy to put it back on to be honest.

Everything is done, brakes, etc.. Just gotta finish the intake :p

Not necessarily. I will be having a induction pipe coming from the side as well as the face on as well and under will be open still.

Will have to put some perspex around it.
oh right so you will be getting air in then,could you wrap the perspex in some Di-Noc for a carbon fibre look or s it too hot ?

oh right so you will be getting air in then,could you wrap the perspex in some Di-Noc for a carbon fibre look or s it too hot ?

Sorry massively late reply.

Still havent changed to fglass lol