Vex182 - S3 Modding and maintaining thread!

red charge pipe clamp plates let it down.. most non oe.. shocking.. disgusting even..... lol

Well that's my extra bit for OE+++ lol. Really pleased with the car at the minute, it's running really well. Airport duties tomorrow so should get a good long motorway drive.

When you fitted the 8p gear knob did you keep the original leather cover or the one that came with the knob. Because I have ordered 1 and not sure the best/easiest way to do it. Thanks. Btw car is looking good.

When you fitted the 8p gear knob did you keep the original leather cover or the one that came with the knob. Because I have ordered 1 and not sure the best/easiest way to do it. Thanks. Btw car is looking good.

Thank you. I reused the original gator as mine is in good nick. The 8p version won't just clip in right away too as the shape is a little different. With some work it will likey fit though.

Cheers I just bought 1 from another guy off of here so just waiting for the parcel then I can get it fitted.

Well a couple of days ago I did the new tax disc delete, pleased with the clean look on the windscreen now.

My cup holder broke a few weeks ago so I went into Audi to order one. It's £58.02 all in and part code 8L0862534F. Took 48 hours to arrive.

I happened to have spotted this and decided to park next to it.

Well after the cup holder was fitted, I noticed how the climate control panel was also looking a little tatty. By no means the worst one I have seen though. After a bit of searching, I tracked down a much better looking one and fitted it today.

Very pleased with it so got a spare one now...

I have had a sort of rattling and light tapping noises from the car recently, I tracked it down to the front Polybushed anti-roll bar. I took them out, cleaned then, re-greased and put them back in but that made no difference. I fitted super pro branded ones today and the noise has pretty much gone. I'm going to replace the drop-links too even though they are less than a year old but just to make sure.

Right, they cars been working perfectly (touches wood) but I want to make the car more refined. I know it's not the top of everyone's list on here! I've been driving a new polo and had a look into how it's so quiet and found how VW have done it so ordered some 6mm thick of sound proofing. My car is usually used on long journeys over anything else and not for work, hence what I am trying. I'll post more when it arrives and I get fitting, I have a free app on my phone that measures db and I'll use that as a rough guide on roads when it's all sorted!

what sound proofing are you using?
i saw a guy in pistonheads rip all the old stuff out and replace with some foamy looking stuff which was apparently really light and also very effective.
i think its a good idea

This stuff from ebay, item code: 151324293782

I've got one set so far and I'll get more if it's any good.

Well the car went to R-tech today to have a freshen up as it has been feeling a little flat lately. After some magic from Niki. The car ended up as 265bhp and 278lb-ft. Car feels good and strong, very pleased as always.