Vettel In Malaysian GP

amr79

Reaction score
Well guys what's your verdict? Was he in the right or was he to blame for the collision with Karthikeyan?

I think Vettel was wrong on this one

I'm with you mate, Vettel is quick to blame the back markers. I'm no fan of Karthikeyan, but he's explained his side of events which concurs with the video footage. He got a drive through penalty at the end aswell, so the F1 stewards have made their mind up already!!

Question is, should back markers literally dive out the way when being lapped? Is there any point of them being there?

just like i said all along, its one thing driving around on your own out in frount, lets see what hes like in a crowd... and he just cannot take the pressure!!

100% Vettel in the wrong, he cut in to Kartheyan........... watch the VT

..........and what was his pit crew doing calling him in then saying stay out then BOX?
IMO they wanted to work on the car/change someting (for next race) but not get a penalty .. and they was trying to work it out?

7018929463_667ea6f470.jpg

I don't watch a lot of F1, but caught the race in Malaysia and you generally hear/read a lot of interviews from the drivers over the course of a year on the news/web etc. The one thing I have got from every interview is that Vettel, despite 2 titles, and Hamilton, god's gift to the media a few years ago, both give the impression that they feel they have a lot to prove and are always looking for a negative, whereas the interviews I hear Button give, he always seems to be relaxed and is honest enough to admit when he makes a mistake, rather then blame someone or something. Perhaps this is because he feels that he has 1 title and as he is a little older, is not so worried about the media's opinion of him.

And as for the incident, it was Vettel's fault!

i have to agree its Vettel's fault. If you look at the replay to can clearly see Vettel mis-judging the length of his car and cutting across Karthikeyan catching his rear wheel on the front wing of the HRT. Just shows how bad a loser he is. Not very impressive when he's not starting on pole position.

He's looked poor so far this year - same with Hamilton who, although fast in qualifying, hasn't had race pace.

I'm just enjoying it being a bit more mixed up after Vettel+Red Bull dominated last year. Nice to see Button/Webber getting some of the luck.

As to the collision, 100% Vettel's fault. I don't want to see the fastest 10 drivers chasing each other - personally, I wouldn't even require lapped drivers to get out of the way, it's part of the challenge: and at least that way it's equal for everyone and we get to see if the front runners can overtake without the aid of a pit stop and tyres.