Venting In Under Arch Cover.

Richard

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of cutting the front under arch cover to allow more air to pass over the inter coolers and disc brakes?

It would appear to force the air straight through the coolers and then onto the brakes disc and pads, instead of exiting out of the side vents or through the small slits in the original cover.

It has also been noticed that the oil temp. does not go above 95, even when pushed very hard. Is this normal, as my old S4 used to get up to 120 when given a good tonking?

Obviously not then. Well here is a picture of the under arch of an RS4 with venting modification.

Does this jog any memories or comments...

[ QUOTE ]
Chubby said:
Has anyone heard of cutting the front under arch cover to allow more air to pass over the inter coolers and disc brakes?

It would appear to force the air straight through the coolers and then onto the brakes disc and pads, instead of exiting out of the side vents or through the small slits in the original cover.

It has also been noticed that the oil temp. does not go above 95, even when pushed very hard. Is this normal, as my old S4 used to get up to 120 when given a good tonking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah when I had an A3 TS I had done this to the wheel arch behind the intercooler, if Audi feel it an improvement and do it to the rear of both intercoolers then it can't be a bad idea. Only problem is protection from stones..... so you still need some sort of protection, as you've got! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I remember the wheel-arch liner mods done on A3's and A4's.

But isn't there an opposing argument in that, you are actually directing warm air over the brakes? Which is bad.

AL