Vent boost gauge

anderswhk

Reaction score
Seen a bunch of shops that have boost gauges that can be fitted in the vents, and i gotta say i love the idea. Anyone know a brand that makes them for the A3? Pretty much all of them can be installed in the Golf 4, and some in the A4, but havent found a single one for the A3 8L. Also found plenty of threads asking about them, but all are several years old.

Where can i get one of them, and does anyone know if the A3 shares vents with the Golf or A4?

^^^+1
Thats the one i have as well as many others. Delivery from them was fairly quick

im thinking of getting one of these aswell, not overly fussed but just makes my interior look a bit flashy i guess

Yeah, ive seen those, but correct me if im wrong, but doesnt that make the vent useless? The other ones ive seen, you kept the vent operational.

I have a question. Where do I tee off from for boost gauge feed? Is top of dump valve ok?
Also, where to wire into for lights on, lights off backlit boost gauge?

Cheers, sean

I have a question. Where do I tee off from for boost gauge feed? Is top of dump valve ok?

Cheers, sean

You can either T off the DV or the FPR. DV would be the safer option though.
I think I wired into an ignition on wire along with the gauge power wire as the dash lights come on when ignition is on anyway......I think......now I'm doubting myself...

Yeah, ive seen those, but correct me if im wrong, but doesnt that make the vent useless? The other ones ive seen, you kept the vent operational.

Unfortunately this is true. The vent can no longer be used, but in my opinion its a nice oem feel, i'm not a fan of the gauges that are fitted to the pillar (No offense - each to their own)

Few people have wired their gauges into the dimmer switch, some gauges are a little bit too bright and the dimmer switch is a great solution...

Unfortunately this is true. The vent can no longer be used, but in my opinion its a nice oem feel, i'm not a fan of the gauges that are fitted to the pillar (No offense - each to their own)

Few people have wired their gauges into the dimmer switch, some gauges are a little bit too bright and the dimmer switch is a great solution...

Thanks, seems like this is my only choice as far as vent gauges go. But on the shop theres 2 different ones

Audi S3/A3 Air Vent Gauge Pod £41.04 VW Accessories & Styling , Worldwide Mailorder

and

Audi S3/A3 Air Vent Gauge Pod Complete Unit £76.39 VW Accessories & Styling , Worldwide Mailorder which says its a "complete unit". Arent both just suppose to be plastic pods? So whats the difference? Does one come with a boost gauge? Description is vague.

The first one is the insert bit only (Thats all you need)
The second one is including the surround (Just use your existing surround and drill a hole in it to feed the boost gauge pipe through)

Thats subject to to gauge you buy... the one i bought did, but there's plenty of guides and how to's from people who have done.
The gauge i bought from awesome gti had the red and black wires which was easy enough to install. I think there are also clips on youtube which proved to be quite useful!

Last edited: