Vehicle thefts

Spud8p

Reaction score
recently all I here is people’s pride and joys getting stolen a hell of a lot have been audi’s Rs3’s s3’s etc
Isn’t it about time that it becomes law that every new car comes with a tracker built in.
And like the road tax when you sell vehicle the new owner has to apply for the tracker information etc or it is automatically sent to them with the log book.
Thoughts?

recently all I here is people’s pride and joys getting stolen a hell of a lot have been audi’s Rs3’s s3’s etc
Isn’t it about time that it becomes law that every new car comes with a tracker built in.
And like the road tax when you sell vehicle the new owner has to apply for the tracker information etc or it is automatically sent to them with the log book.
Thoughts?
Wont do much havin tracker if the car ends up in a contai er or tracker found and disabled dont think it would put would be theifs off either to be honest.
There not that cheap either i had one on my subaru impreza because it came as a package but they was a monthly fee aswell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Police just need to pull their finger out there backside and crack down on it. All this police cuts business is just a load of BS.

I bet if the head of the police got there car nicked then the laws would change

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Keyless entry making it easy imho as it seems Joe Public mostly unaware. Audi is on to it though as in my car you can turn off auto unlock doors.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Just do everything you can , ghost , Faraday pouch , drive by wire dead pedal , steering wheel lock , Rottweiler , cctv , minefield , mortars , guns , knives , razor wire , nets , rope..

Reactions: scobie140, John Pilkington, Ghost and 9 others
Its an epidemic in the midlands at the moment. Armed car jackings around the Birmingham/Coventry/Hinckley/Leicester areas also.

The main cars seem to be any Ford RS/ST an Mustang. Golf R & GTi. Any performance BMW or Audi. Range Rovers & Land Rovers. And bizarrely decent spec diesel Merc C & E class & Audi A4/A6s. Espcially black editions.

Have a look at the Stolen Cars Midlands facebook page. Its worrying reading/viewing.

Digital trackers are easily disabled. RF ones like the Automatrics system are a lot harder to find in a vehicle.

Last edited:
It's the OBD port that allows the easy way to start the car. It is very easy to move this port or disable by taking out the fuse.

A bolt on extension to move the port to a new location is a massive help to prevent car getting stolen.

Its an epidemic in the midlands at the moment. Armed car jackings around the Birmingham/Coventry/Hinckley/Leicester areas also.

The main cars seem to be any Ford RS/ST an Mustang. Golf R & GTi. Any performance BMW or Audi. Range Rovers & Land Rovers. And bizarrely decent spec diesel Merc C & E class & Audi A4/A6s. Espcially black editions.

Have a look at the Stolen Cars Midlands facebook page. Its worrying reading/viewing.

Digital trackers are easily disabled. RF ones like the Automatrics system are a lot harder to find in a vehicle.

Beyond epidemic , they'll even nick a 1.2 twice in one day .

2nd time from a secure compound !!

https://www.itv.com/news/central/20...r-twice-from-right-under-the-noses-of-police/

Reactions: desertstorm
Other countries are more efficient .

islam-and-punishment-5-728.jpg

Reactions: scobie140 and John Pilkington
Theres a video floating aound of some bloke from London whos brand new van was stolen and less then 24 hrs later turned up stripped & crushed at a steel recyling yard in Dagenham.

Amazingly the tracker was still transmitting a signal!

Can anyone confirm possibilities with moving / disarming the ODB and how effective this will be? Would a disklock / similar be worth while (assuming these wont damage my steering wheel)

Steering lock is always a good deterrent.

You can disable the ODB port by taking out a fuse that powers it.

Moving the port is always a good move. Leaving a dummy plug in place will further confuse the scum and hopefully make them give up.

Anything always helps.

Reactions: Ghost
I use a disclock on my flat bottom wheel (2014 A4) im sure its the small one ive got.

Can get it to fit nice and tight with no damage to wheel.

Keyless entry making it easy imho as it seems Joe Public mostly unaware. Audi is on to it though as in my car you can turn off auto unlock doors.

TX.

I saw a video the other day where two of Bradford’s finest scumbags blow torched the front door to get the keys.

Yes it will fit. We also have a sponsor on this site that sells them.

Reactions: Sandra
Mine in an S5, fits better when it goes over one of the spokes on the steering wheel. It doesn't sit in the gearstick.

Not that it doesn't fit though.

Attachments

• IMG-20181115-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20181115-WA0007.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: Ghost
If anything it was a bit loose on my wheel. I put some sticky back foam on the lock to take up the slack and help prevent damage to the leather on the steering wheel.

I use a disclock on my flat bottom wheel (2014 A4) im sure its the small one ive got.

Can get it to fit nice and tight with no damage to wheel.

i have the small disklok on my 2015 with flat bottom steering wheel. it's supposed to be a bit loose. shouldn't be tight, because it makes it easier to grind through.

anyone know how to locate the fused for the obd port and get it removed?

I was looking at the Stoplock elite Pro but Amazon says it won't fit my 2016 A4 Avant Sport :grumpy:
“Banish your January Blues by buying yourself a Stoplock Pro Elite Steering Wheel Lock and a heavy duty Stoplock Premium Steering Wheel Lock storage case featuring a carbon look with embossed design” from our site sponsors OBD at the Bargain price of £64.95 (20% off RRP) delivery included
Limited stock of this so you need to hurry

Just call the team on 01295 533011 .

Give the obd team a call. It’s an amazing piece of kit.

They have them available on eBay as well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stoplock...325040?hash=item28727a8970:g:gdoAAOSwm3lb2Yz-

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR, V6_Man and Ghost
“Banish your January Blues by buying yourself a Stoplock Pro Elite Steering Wheel Lock and a heavy duty Stoplock Premium Steering Wheel Lock storage case featuring a carbon look with embossed design” from our site sponsors OBD at the Bargain price of £64.95 (20% off RRP) delivery included
Limited stock of this so you need to hurry

Just call the team on 01295 533011 .

Give the obd team a call. It’s an amazing piece of kit.

They have them available on eBay as well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stoplock...325040?hash=item28727a8970:g:gdoAAOSwm3lb2Yz-

Banish the January blues by buying a device that stops scum from stealing your car?

I can think of better things to spend money on to banish the January blues other than a crook lock, if anything this would rack me off even more that i have to spend any amount of money to keep hold of something which is mine.

Banish the January blues by buying a device that stops scum from stealing your car?

I can think of better things to spend money on to banish the January blues other than a crook lock, if anything this would rack me off even more that i have to spend any amount of money to keep hold of something which is mine.
I was giving the info to @Audi_Rob as an option

Reactions: RAF_S7, V6_Man and Ghost

Whether it is yours or not the scums won't care less and if they want they will steal it. There is either no need to be brave and let the insurance sort it out if and as and when it happens or buy the deterrents as suggested by @Sandra who is here to help.

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra
All the security in the world won't stop them if they catch you as you come out of the door and threaten you with a knife. Or break in the house at night and threaten you. They really don't seem to care as can be seen from the two recent posts where cars were stolen from supposedly secure police compounds.
The problem with any factory solution is people will find a way around it.

Reactions: V6_Man
If they really want your car they will take it. The only thing you can do is make stealing somebody else's car more appealing than stealing yours, the more deterrents the better.

You don't need to outrun the lion, just outrun your mate.

The point of the wheel lock is a visual sign and it will need power tools to get it off although it might only take 5mins it does make noise.

Fuse locations.

http://www.audihowto.com/audi-a5-2013-2016-fuse-box-location-and-fuses-amperages/

Reactions: Ghost, V6_Man and Sandra
If they really want your car they will take it. The only thing you can do is make stealing somebody else's car more appealing than stealing yours, the more deterrents the better.

You don't need to outrun the lion, just outrun your mate.

The point of the wheel lock is a visual sign and it will need power tools to get it off although it might only take 5mins it does make noise.

Fuse locations.

http://www.audihowto.com/audi-a5-2013-2016-fuse-box-location-and-fuses-amperages/

Well said mate

Reactions: Sandra
i have the small disklok on my 2015 with flat bottom steering wheel. it's supposed to be a bit loose. shouldn't be tight, because it makes it easier to grind through.

anyone know how to locate the fused for the obd port and get it removed?

Tight in the sense of not a sloppy jalopy. Its no friction fit thats for sure lol

I probably could have worded it better :/

"You don't need to outrun the lion, just outrun your mate"

Love that, gonna use it from now on!

TX.

Reactions: John Pilkington, Ghost and V6_Man
"You don't need to outrun the lion, just outrun your mate"

Love that, gonna use it from now on!

TX.

Lol John, it is a good slogan though. :)