Vehicle am working on....just shy of a million quids worth

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share,am in awe of this vehicle......currently working with it everyday pror to deployment

Mastiff_1_Force_protection_PPV_prot.jpg

thats one of them feckers that was on top gear when they hunted the evo down!! what a beast!!

I see lots of these on the backs of wagons around Cov, they're a beast!.

We could do with them some nights on The Aldermoor! ;)

There's a few suppliers to them around Cov I think, went to a place the other day that does the radio trays or something random like that.

They're a right tool :)

Tom,yes theres a few who supply bits and yes they are a big old unit,am working with Americans and other peeps involved in MoD,some good gizmo's which help our guys an awful lot.
These vehicles even before our modifications were put into theatre and the norm was by the enemy to disable the vehicle and then turn up and finish off any survivors,on the first encounters with this 'beast' they turned the corner and were no more as a .50 Cal is ferocious.
3 MPG doesn't equal Revo performance/economy Joe

I applied for a job with a company in Cov that helps manufacture these a couple of weeks ago looked interesting but the money was pretty crap... :(

I applied for a job with a company in Cov that helps manufacture these a couple of weeks ago looked interesting but the money was pretty crap... :(

I'm a contractor and most of the people I work with are but am aware of the situation as its a project which has a limited lifespan.

I'm a contractor and most of the people I work with are but am aware of the situation as its a project which has a limited lifespan.

The company I was trying for do the armour plates for them, I believe the vehicles themselves are made in South America by the same company then shipped over here for the final touches Armour, ECM etc etc. The job was only some crappy stores job, was advertised at a decent rate then after the second interview turned out this wasnt the case. They asked me to go back for a third interview at a different location, told them to jog on. (In a nice way) :)

The company I was trying for do the armour plates for them, I believe the vehicles themselves are made in South America by the same company then shipped over here for the final touches Armour, ECM etc etc. The job was only some crappy stores job, was advertised at a decent rate then after the second interview turned out this wasnt the case. They asked me to go back for a third interview at a different location, told them to jog on. (In a nice way) :)

Not the same company.

I've driven one :)

and lived in one, slept in one, hidden from mortars in one....

At least you wouldn't get door dings if you didn't park in the P and C spaces at Tesco in that!

Rocky.jpg

I had an LR3 (the blue one) for nearly a year, didnt go anywhere dangerous though, just Kuwait and back most weeks. The guy in the photo worked for me as cleaner/translator/gopher but he had degrees and qualifications coming out of his ****. He was granted asylum and allowed to live in the Netherlands if he wanted to but went home to Iraq to earn $200 a month and look after his family, brave man.

The LR3 was nice, I felt like a rich posh farmer type oooooh arrrrrrrr get orf my land! :)

$200:scared2: a month....

The LN's who worked for us were on min $600 a month.....But they were looking over their shoulder when off camp.......F**K THAT:ninja:

I think quoting wages is all ******** as the cost of living is obviously a world away....also very crass

Our LEC mechanics in Iraq were on $10 a day :jester:

Now that is a p*ss take....I guess that's the difference between getting paid by the yanks and and the british....!!!!!!!!!!

The yanks always win...:hubbahubba: I like the americans...

I think quoting wages is all ******** as the cost of living is obviously a world away....also very crass

Just commenting on wages in different companies and how low the Local Nationals were paid....:Flush:

Just commenting on wages in different companies and how low the Local Nationals were paid....:Flush:

ermm how is it relevant as the cost of living (i.e.a loaf of bread costs 2p in Iraq) is different to here so wages will differ

(i.e.a loaf of bread costs 2p in Iraq)
:readit:

I'm not comparing it to here at all, no point doing that....I was just comparing on how different the locals get paid working for different companies over there....

The translator we had was paid $600 by our company plus $600 by the American engineering firm...

:readit:

I'm not comparing it to here at all, no point doing that....I was just comparing on how different the locals get paid working for different companies over there....

The translator we had was paid $600 by our company plus $600 by the American engineering firm...

he must be living the dream now :)

I WAS comparing the daily wage to a UK equivalent because it's an indicator of economical differences. And I bet $10 a day was a good wage!

he must be living the dream now :)

He was until his car had a grenade lobbed at it....:scared2:

And he was a pilot in the iraq war...Really good guy but obviously had to stop working for us...Anyway he opened up a shop with the money he earn't so it has it's plus and negatives out there....!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that V.
You are the first person that I have heard who understands what cr6p people quote about how people in other places get paid. It's like they don't uderstand that things are relative. £1 here may be equivalent to 250 or more of their currency, and as said a loaf could cost 2p.
:applaus::respekt:

Thanks for that V.
You are the first person that I have heard who understands what cr6p people quote about how people in other places get paid. It's like they don't uderstand that things are relative. £1 here may be equivalent to 250 or more of their currency, and as said a loaf could cost 2p.
:applaus::respekt:

I think everyone here does understand that it's relative, BUT:

I WAS comparing the daily wage to a UK equivalent because it's an indicator of economical differences. And I bet $10 a day was a good wage!