VCDS

Robbyb

Reaction score
Hi

Apologies if this has come up before. I’m getting confused by which vcds I need. I want to add cruise control and unlock the eject button to update the sat nav.

I can’t work out if u need the full vcds or the lite for this. Also is it the cable that costs the money or can I just use an eBay cable and use lite? Can the lite disable the lock and change the code for the cruise control?

Many thanks
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Apologies if this has come up before. I’m getting confused by which vcds I need. I want to add cruise control and unlock the eject button to update the sat nav.

I can’t work out if u need the full vcds or the lite for this. Also is it the cable that costs the money or can I just use an eBay cable and use lite? Can the lite disable the lock and change the code for the cruise control?

Many thanks
Rob

Neither if u dont want to check your car weekly etc as sure there be a mamber with vcds who will do it for beer tokens
Otherwise your looking at £350 upwards for the gen cable as dont think the cheaps ones allow you to code in (i maybe wrong)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Neither if u dont want to check your car weekly etc as sure there be a mamber with vcds who will do it for beer tokens
Otherwise your looking at £350 upwards for the gen cable as dont think the cheaps ones allow you to code in (i maybe wrong)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I thought so. Thank you very much. Hopefully someone near me will see this and help me out. Much rather give someone beer money than Audi! lol

I thought so. Thank you very much. Hopefully someone near me will see this and help me out. Much rather give someone beer money than Audi! lol

Where you located?

Send a message to @DJAlix any coding you need done or for a scan I will see if I can see anyone closer

@Robbyb Feel free to contact me if you need coding based in Croydon, London.
Beer tokens is fine as long as it's not a massive list. If you know how the programming you can do whatever you want.

Reactions: Sandra
I have a cheapo knock-off one and a genuine (£250 ish 3-vin one). The knock off worked ok for most stuff, but wouldn’t connect to the radio at all (to add cd changer/Bluetooth) and the genuine one does a full scan in under half the time.

I have a cheapo knock-off one and a genuine (£250 ish 3-vin one). The knock off worked ok for most stuff, but wouldn’t connect to the radio at all (to add cd changer/Bluetooth) and the genuine one does a full scan in under half the time.

Will the £250 version activate the cruise control?

Yep. Does basically everything but locks to the first 3 vins you connect to for coding stuff. Doesn’t count for just doing scans, that’s unlimited use. The more expensive ones give either 10 vins or unlimited.

Hey,

Wondering if you could help me. I have a brand new Q3 2021 factory made. Only have the standard rear parking sensors but no display, only the sound. Do you know if I can have the rear parking sensor show up on screen with VCDS?
@Robbyb Feel free to contact me if you need coding based in Croydon, London.
Beer tokens is fine as long as it's not a massive list. If you know how the programming you can do whatever you want.