VCDS

jamessg1962

Reaction score
Anybody know any reputable garages for a diagnostic scan in Newcastle area and prices ,A3 2.0 TDI 78000 miles,engine management light has just came on no noticable power loss or any other problems ,drives just as it did before light appeared.
Any help greatly appreciated
James

Try north east remaps at cornsey nr durham, I will be going there when I know my turbo etc is functioning ( I know I have a fault but intend to sort it before I get a remap and in don't want to have to pay extra for someone else to fix a split vac pipe)

I'm coming through to rich,mod tomorrow and can bring laptop and cable if stuck

Thanks for replys sorry i haven't got back but have had trouble with my internet.
Anyway have had car scanned, and fault code was P2108, and was told this was a common fault to do with intake flap.
Had code reset and it imediately came back on .
Did a bit of research yesterday,checked fuse etc,which was ok.So idecided to see how easy it was to take off.It was a bit fiddly but only three bolts and hose clip.
Managed to get it off and the flap was jammed,and full of grud.I stripped it down ,the cover over electric bits just seemed to tap off .
Inside where the electrics are it was also full of grud and a bit oil which i found strange.gave it a good spray and clean and noticed that there was a plastic toothed wheel that moves the flap ,a tooth had broken off and jammed between the teeth stoping the flap from rotating.Removed this and the flap then moved easily.
Replaced it back together and everything seems ok .I'll see how long it last if not i will have to replace it.