VCDS which cable?

Meemo

Reaction score
Only just clicked why we can't do much with the vag com.. they all use VCDS now .. who knew :)
little stuck on ordering the correct cable to use that will work with the 2015 s5, could anyone kindly advice? also is the 'lite' version enough to say adjust my xenon beams?

THANKOOO
Vcds

Only just clicked why we can't do much with the vag com.. they all use VCDS now .. who knew :)
little stuck on ordering the correct cable to use that will work with the 2015 s5, could anyone kindly advice? also is the 'lite' version enough to say adjust my xenon beams?

THANKOOOView attachment 156755

If I was buying it, I'd go with full version as I don't think Lite will help you with everything. Below is a screenshot from Ross-Tech, which kind of gives you an idea.

f124c9a05b5f24112c9f53ec65fea882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes.. didn't see the pre 2006! Thanks @Tashfeen will go full :) any idea on the cable? Edging to hex-can but only cos I have it in my head I see references on here to it

Reactions: V6_Man
My VCDS cable is HEX-USB+CAN, works on my 2016 s5.

I think new VCDS cables now have a limit set on them, means you can only use them on a certain amount of cars, sure I read this on Audizine, worth checking before you buy a new one. It maybe a better idea trying to buy an unlimited second hand one. There is one for sale on A5-OC, don't know if it's unlimited though.

JG

Reactions: Meemo
That's proper bizarre, never knew they could do that! Buying a cable in 2018 is harder than I initially thought haha you have a link to yours you bought @JG51 AUD ?

Or contact @NHN for the cable. JG is right the newer ones are 3-VIN or 10

Reactions: RS5 JON
After seein the genuine onebon a5oc is £200?!?!!! I will be getting a Chinese copy lol

After seein the genuine onebon a5oc is £200?!?!!! I will be getting a Chinese copy lol

It'll be £200 well spent though, think of all the beer tokens you could potentially make if you decided to share it, lol!

Seriously though, I wouldn't be going near my car with a copy VCDS. :scared2:

JG

Reactions: orac
Do these include the software with the cable? I literally want to adjust my headlights which point at the floor since lowering lol
Vag com we have can't talk to the module as it is too old, and my unlimited lifetime carista doesn't have that functionality :s

Do these include the software with the cable? I literally want to adjust my headlights which point at the floor since lowering lol
Vag com we have can't talk to the module as it is too old, and my unlimited lifetime carista doesn't have that functionality :s

S/W is free. You only pay for the cable. If it is only for headlight levelling why don't you find a VCDS user on the map near you. I have VCDS and kind of local to you (Oxford) and I am sure there will be others even closer.

Reactions: Meemo and RS5 JON

Software is dowloaded via the cable via Ross Tech, well that's how mines is updated etc.

You could always try the VCDS owners section to see if there's anyone close to you.

JG

I actually had no idea there was a map on here for that, I must of been living under a rock! Thanks for pointing it out :)
I got options now so gonna decide tonight wether to bite the bullet and just get one, don't like not being able to do these kind of jobs in the comfort of my own drive. honestly thought the cable would be like our old vagcom one price wise

Reactions: RS5 JON and V6_Man
I actually had no idea there was a map on here for that, I must of been living under a rock! Thanks for pointing it out :)
I got options now so gonna decide tonight wether to bite the bullet and just get one, don't like not being able to do these kind of jobs in the comfort of my own drive. honestly thought the cable would be like our old vagcom one price wise

VCDS USERS MAP

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...p?threads/VCDS-USERS-MAP.184967/&share_type=t

Guy in work has a Chinese copy. He had a 2010 S4. Needed to borrow mine when he wanted to diagnose his Mrs' 201x Q5 as they'd disabled it in the newer software versions. Basically, if you get a copy that works, don't upgrade the software... ;)

Reactions: Meemo and V6_Man
Guy in work has a Chinese copy. He had a 2010 S4. Needed to borrow mine when he wanted to diagnose his Mrs' 201x Q5 as they'd disabled it in the newer software versions. Basically, if you get a copy that works, don't upgrade the software... ;)
My cable and 17.1 software is due to be delivered 20th June -5th July ahahaha will let you know if it works, just got a long wait!

Reactions: ed1119 and RS5 JON
£17 on ebay, took over 30 days to get here from china but works a charm :)
headlights adjusted and even checked the Launch control counter, glad to see it's a 0!
28333669167_21be8b78a7_b.jpg

£17 on ebay, took over 30 days to get here from china but works a charm :)
headlights adjusted and even checked the Launch control counter, glad to see it's a 0!

Do you have a link to the specific one you bought. There are so many and it is would be good to know which specific on has been tested and works :)