VCDS Transmission recoding questions

dwartbg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am an avid user of vcds and other diagnostics and coding software and I've been experimenting with different codes on my A3 1.8 01M transmission. I know about the usual ones that appear as a hint on the vcds:
00000 - stock one with DSP
00011 - economy
00012 - sport
I also saw some posts about the:
00022, 00032, 00001 with the 32 one being used on other models but apparently my car accepts all codes I've tried.

I've had luck with most of them, albeit some of them work perfect for a while and then after a day or two the car starts to behave weirdly like lagging while hard-braking like it can't switch fast enough from 4th to 1st or keeps on 3rd while almost stopped and then suddenly shifts into 1st or things like that. For example I tried the 00032 and the car seemed to shift and drive faster and sportier than the 00012 but it became slower and laggier after driving for a couple of days.

So my question is - is there an official book/guide or official info explaining more about these codes and what do they mean, why is there so many of them? What do the 2 and 3 mean and so on. What do they change in general apart from the gear rpm? I've found info mostly about the 00011 and 00012 but hardly any about all possible combinations and I'm curious to decipher their meaning and what exactly do they do to the transmission.

Thanks in advance!