VCDS Supplier

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Christmas is coming and I feel its time to get my Dad a proper VCDS cable and put this ebay copy in to the bin or fine some funky alternative for it.

Apart from NHN, can any one recommend a supplier of VCDS cables?

Scott,

I got my KII from RossTech after going E-Bay/401, then E-Bay VCDS-Lite with license.

No problems with delivery - a bit p****d off with the import charges by courier, but they got it to me within 3 or 4 days a couple of years back during the bad winter. (Diesel Geeks were the same good service with the Panzer Plate - must be something with the Cousins)

KII is fine for the B5, but won't do much to CAN cars. It was a bit cheaper than the full CAN lead.
RossTech gave money off of you bought the VCDS license (whole cost of license) and will give money off if you upgrade - if it's worth the postage costs.

(Did Nigel wee in your beer????)

Scott,

I got my KII from RossTech after going E-Bay/401, then E-Bay VCDS-Lite with license.

No problems with delivery - a bit p****d off with the import charges by courier, but they got it to me within 3 or 4 days a couple of years back during the bad winter. (Diesel Geeks were the same good service with the Panzer Plate - must be something with the Cousins)

KII is fine for the B5, but won't do much to CAN cars. It was a bit cheaper than the full CAN lead.
RossTech gave money off of you bought the VCDS license (whole cost of license) and will give money off if you upgrade - if it's worth the postage costs.

(Did Nigel wee in your beer????)

Its for my Dad's Touareg, not my B5.
I'm happy using VCDS lite with license on my B5.
But on his, I feel he needs full VCDS.

Nahhh, never replied to my PMs.
In my eyes, any company or person that does not reply to PMs concerning buiness/money matters in their favour is not interested in my money. So I will go else where and spend it.

Fair enough. You won't be allowed on the map then :beee:.

Might still be worth trying RossTech direct - after the service I got from them I'd always recommend them.

Fair enough. You won't be allowed on the map then :beee:.

Might still be worth trying RossTech direct - after the service I got from them I'd always recommend them.

I'll take a look.

Would prefer a UK place.
I don't really want to fanny around with customs and not getting here in time for Christmas.

​Nigel is the best price around Scott, plus fast reliable service. :) x

In my eyes, any company or person that does not reply to PMs concerning buiness/money matters in their favour is not interested in my money. So I will go else where and spend it.

I dont have any pm's regarding vcds in my inbox, which denotes if they were received, they were replied to, so I'd suggest either resending to which I'll reply asap or using another UK supplier no worries :)
Fair enough. You won't be allowed on the map then :beee:

As long as anyone's interface is proved legitimate, they will be added to the map, regardless who supplied it to them :)

I dont have any pm's regarding vcds in my inbox, which denotes if they were received, they were replied to, so I'd suggest either resending to which I'll reply asap or using another UK supplier no worries :)

PM sent on the 23rd of October at 11:07 and 26th of November at 13:52 :thumbsup:

PM received today at 13.52, replied at 13.59 :)

I used both these,
Marshall's Industrial Ltd.
Oxford

V-Tech UK Ltd.
London

They are on rosstechs approved distributer list.
But as said, you probably wont be allowed on the user map, despite being fully registered.

I chose to buy from a store authorised to deal and each time I collected my cable in person and paid no more than £250.
If you use marshalls it comes in a handy carry case with a user manual too :D
Both companies also enclosed latest software on cd, and either will post.

As Nigel didnt have any kind of business front, I chose to use the others to ensure authenticity.
Clearly doing this has upset him, which satisfies that I made the right choice.

I'm not getting involved in the above. lol

Thanks for the recommendations.
I had a look through the RT Distribution list and found a company near me.

ilexa Onboard Diagnostics
Truro, Cornwall TR2 4YF
p: +44 01726 884 010
f: +44 01726 808 021

They are selling a basic cable (None of this fancy box or manual. Be a nice little touch but that's it) for £220.
Everywhere else is doing them for around the £250, How can they do it for £30 less?
Zero mark-up or they getting a better price from RT?

I am tempted cause its £30 plus I can pop down one day after work and collect in person. Saves me from worrying about the post.
But they list their address as PO Box.
A PO Box is just a box held at a post office right?

Any one heard of them or know any thing about them?

It's always +VAT, you must remember that.

I think Ilexa are the only VCDS supplier I know of which dont display the +vat .

I got reeled in at the price when I was buying mine but didnt see that the price was -VAT but ended up buying from them once I realised.

If the company mainly deals with trade, it would probably be normal practice to list excluding vat prices.

Just like to say a big thanks to @udi a3, came round tonight to do a vcds scan for me and sorted the car out :)

Thanks Scott appreciate the words, glad I could help your family out & hope the person in question enjoys the item for this time of the year, have a good one.

I bought mine from Nigel too. Excellent all round, speedy delivery and a pleasure to deal with. Thanks Nigel (NHN)

Its for my Dad's Touareg, not my B5.
I'm happy using VCDS lite with license on my B5.
But on his, I feel he needs full VCDS.

no reply to my PMs either???

Oh come on, its xmas eve & you only sent it to at 2pm today, its not going to go out the door until after xmas, so you cant really complain of no response from 3 hours ago & given the time of the year, I mean really?

Happy to sell you a cable, but some patients would be much appreciated please.

Merry xmas all :)

Reactions: shariain
Oh come on, its xmas eve & you only sent it to at 2pm today, its not going to go out the door until after xmas, so you cant really complain of no response from 3 hours ago & given the time of the year, I mean really?

Happy to sell you a cable, but some patients would be much appreciated please.

Merry xmas all :)
Sorry about that its just I have poorly car that I need fix that I could do without at this time of year again sorry for the posts

Thats ok, just dont do it again :jester:

I'll email you shortly :)

to answer the original question: after having had a brief flirt with one of those cheap eBay cables, I've got the proper one direct from Ross-Tech - I'd recommend the real stuff :)

Was that with the vcds lite license upgrade facility?

Another thank you to Nigel from me. Bought a VCDS cable from him and it arrived yesterday and contrary to @udi A3 they are authentic and has been registered at Ross Tech. Fast service a good price to boot.