Vcds request?

Bobwas4

Reaction score
hello lovely Audi owners hope your all well?

I have a request if there is anyone local to London may I ask of your better nature?

Basically I need someone with a car that has tech pack and Audi sound system?
All I want to do is look at how it's coded with vcds so I can copy it to my computer!! I will give MANY beer tokens if someone can help me?

if you are looking to activate the audi sound system, change byte 4/5 from FF00 to FF0A on the long coding

Hey there i have an s3 saloon with the advanced tech pack.... just wanted to find out if anyone has got dvd in motion working?

My question is, is that I'm trying to enable subwoofer control on my mmi, I have enabled the pins for the sub and center speaker and they work but the sub is not terribly loud without the sub control? I was hoping to see someone with tech pack and Audi sound system to compare coding to try and get subwoofer control up?

I have worked out if I change byte 11 to FF it will enable but will flag up an error of being incorrectly coded.

Video in Motion can be activated, this is not a function possible via VCDS though.

Hi Alex, have you seen some recent forum posts that show a security code generator based on the 5F serial number that supposedly allow you acces to the VIM adaptation code using VCDS ? Not tried it yet myself.

Hi Alex, have you seen some recent forum posts that show a security code generator based on the 5F serial number that supposedly allow you acces to the VIM adaptation code using VCDS ? Not tried it yet myself.
Got any links? Am interested because they way it's done at the moment is within Firmware so am having a hard time figuring out how VCDS would be able to activate.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have worked out if I change byte 11 to FF it will enable but will flag up an error of being incorrectly coded.
You need to set 5F > Byte 11 > Bit 0-7 = 11 (Internal Sound System Active [PR-8RM/9VD]). Your incorrectly coded message is popping up because you are currently telling the MMI it has a B&O sound system. This should be what you need to set: 5F > Byte 4-7 > FF0A0000 (Active Speakers Installed [PR-9VD])

As mentioned above, drop me a mail on alex@VagCarCoding.com and I will send you the information I have.

Thats for 2G and 3G MMI systems, so A4/5/6/7 and Q cars :( Our MMI's are 4G

Ah gotcha - I thought it was a tall order saw it on a few forums and F/B recently but didn't get round to trying it ;o)

Ah gotcha - I thought it was a tall order saw it on a few forums and F/B recently but didn't get round to trying it ;o)
There is another method I saw also, where you download a script to an SD card and boot the MMI from it, but after pulling apart the code it was Plain to see that it was only for 2/3G systems.

There is another method I saw also, where you download a script to an SD card and boot the MMI from it, but after pulling apart the code it was Plain to see that it was only for 2/3G systems.

That's a shame - would have been a good way to do it! Some videos on YouTube show this being done in seconds using ODBeleven.

That's a shame - would have been a good way to do it! Some videos on YouTube show this being done in seconds using ODBeleven.
To be fair VCP does it in a seconds also :) It would seem that ODBeleven has reverse engineered what VCP does, but only for TechPack MMI units.

To be fair VCP does it in a seconds also :) It would seem that ODBeleven has reverse engineered what VCP does, but only for TechPack MMI units.

I've not played with VCP, is it the VCP Can + K line that you need ?

Unfortunately change byte 11 to 11 does not work I now have no sound.

You need to set 5F > Byte 11 > Bit 0-7 = 11 (Internal Sound System Active [PR-8RM/9VD]). Your incorrectly coded message is popping up because you are currently telling the MMI it has a B&O sound system. This should be what you need to set: 5F > Byte 4-7 > FF0A0000 (Active Speakers Installed [PR-9VD])

As mentioned above, drop me a mail on alex@VagCarCoding.com and I will send you the information I have.

Yes I have tried everything and still nothing do you think it could be to do with component protection??

Yes I have tried everything and still nothing do you think it could be to do with component protection??
If component protection were involved you would see a DTC / Error Message to that effect. If possible could you send me an autoscan? (alex@VagCarCoding.com)

is it the same coding for all vag vehicles ? my vehicle had sound upgrade from the factory but after mib2 update no subwoofer option is there.
my byte 4 is set to FF