VCDS Modifications

I provide support services to a rather big performance company there. I can see if I can arrange for them to host a remote session between myself and your car if you like....
If you can arrange that, it would be brilliant, thanks :). Wrt cost, can the mods be done for less than 100 notes?
I would require:

1) Start-stop permanently deactivated, not just when the AC system is switched on - most important mod!!

2) Audio chirping when car is locked (double beep) and unlocked (single beep)

3) Rear taillights always on as part of DRLs.

I can pm you my vehicle reg and VIN if it helps?

Cheers

If you can arrange that, it would be brilliant, thanks :). Wrt cost, can the mods be done for less than 100 notes?
I would require:

1) Start-stop permanently deactivated, not just when the AC system is switched on - most important mod!!

2) Audio chirping when car is locked (double beep) and unlocked (single beep)

3) Rear taillights always on as part of DRLs.

I can pm you my vehicle reg and VIN if it helps?

Cheers
Oh yer, would be half that from me!

First things first let me have a chat with the guys so we can see what’s possible.

Reactions: NevMan and psychopomp1
AUTO ENABLE MATRIX LED vs AUTO High Beam Assist.

Guys. My Car has Matrix LED lights and Id like the auto high beam to be enabled by default instead of of me pushing the stall forward every time. I’ve seen coding only to enable this for cars equipped with High Beam Assist but not for cars with Matrix Headlights.

Can anyone help me with the coding for this. I used to have VCDS but now OBDeleven but the log coding is pretty much the same so if anyone knows how to do it on VCDS I’m sure I can do it on OBDeleven.

Not sure if that is wise, the auto setting doesn't detect fog and could result in you driving around with the headlamps on full beam dazzling other drivers. I am sure that you will also realise it may not be legal...

AUTO ENABLE MATRIX LED vs AUTO High Beam Assist.

Guys. My Car has Matrix LED lights and Id like the auto high beam to be enabled by default instead of of me pushing the stall forward every time. I’ve seen coding only to enable this for cars equipped with High Beam Assist but not for cars with Matrix Headlights.

Can anyone help me with the coding for this. I used to have VCDS but now OBDeleven but the log coding is pretty much the same so if anyone knows how to do it on VCDS I’m sure I can do it on OBDeleven.
Not possible on the B9

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: Evil Derboy
Does anyone know if it's possible to program closing of the boot with the remote on an Avant? Don't know why they allow you to open it but not close it?

Does anyone know if it's possible to program closing of the boot with the remote on an Avant? Don't know why they allow you to open it but not close it?
Nope not possible. Is only available if you have comfort key with virtual peddle

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Yeah, I was only illustrating how it can be performed, looks like you'd have to purchase that module...

Not sure if that is wise, the auto setting doesn't detect fog and could result in you driving around with the headlamps on full beam dazzling other drivers. I am sure that you will also realise it may not be legal...

Would simply deactivate it instead of activate it. Assume it's road legal as it's been on by default on previous cars I've owned.

Did anyone already find out how to code the normal horn for the lock/unlock chirping thing when you do not have an anti-theft system installed?

Would simply deactivate it instead of activate it. Assume it's road legal as it's been on by default on previous cars I've owned.
Yes it is on by default on our fiesta, but it can still be easily temporarily turned off with the stalk or permanently off within the car settings or. Not by having to decode it....

Did anyone already find out how to code the normal horn for the lock/unlock chirping thing when you do not have an anti-theft system installed?
Do you really want to be disturbing your neighbours everytime you lock/unlock your car? I have the standard audio chirping switched on (both lock and unlocking) and yes it does sound a little low but you get used to it and it does the job.

Took a look for a few minutes but need more time to figure it out.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Yes it is on by default on our fiesta, but it can still be easily temporarily turned off with the stalk or permanently off within the car settings or. Not by having to decode it....

You can still turn the functionality on or off in the MMI whether the default behavior is to have it activated or de-activated at engine start up.

Lets not have a really boring, circular conversation about whether it should be done or how I'd use it. I only wanted to know if it's possible....

Last edited:
Reactions: cuke2u
I wasn't giving you a lecture at all, you chose to respond to my posts and at the end of the day it is up to you, but I would hate you to get into bother legally and the advice wasn't given.
So lets just beg to differ, or whatever..

I wasn't giving you a lecture at all, you chose to respond to my posts and at the end of the day it is up to you, but I would hate you to get into bother legally and the advice wasn't given.
So lets just beg to differ, or whatever..

Sorry. I was in the middle of editing my response when you answered. I get frustrated when people who are unable to answer a question about how to do something, start a side argument about whether that thing should be done. It happens all the time on forums and most likely the poser of the question has already considered the ramifications of what they want to do without others taking things off track by telling him he shouldn't do it.

Reactions: cuke2u
No harm done, lets just put it down to a misunderstanding and it was definitely not intended offended you. Sometimes advice, however well intended it is, can come across differently in forums...

Hi. I am new on this forum, but I read this interesting topic. I have a Audi Q7, 4M, 2016. My old VCDS 18.9 doesn't connect to 46 module. Ok, it can't connect because this is a new module. I want to buy a new VCDS. As I read here, I should buy a hex-net but I don't find it in my country. I only find VCDS hex v2, 19.6.2 . This will be capable to read 46 module on my car ? Or only hex-net can do this ? Thank you guys.

Hi. I am new on this forum, but I read this interesting topic. I have a Audi Q7, 4M, 2016. My old VCDS 18.9 doesn't connect to 46 module. Ok, it can't connect because this is a new module. I want to buy a new VCDS. As I read here, I should buy a hex-net but I don't find it in my country. I only find VCDS hex v2, 19.6.2 . This will be capable to read 46 module on my car ? Or only hex-net can do this ? Thank you guys.
Genuine V2 cables have no version as the software and updates are free. To talk to your vehicle fully you need a V2 or a hex-net, the latter of which is only needed if you want to talk to Lambo’s.

Reactions: DP24v
For some reason, even though enabled, my car doesn't make any audible noises when locking / unlocking. I enabled this on my A3 and it was super convenient.

Any ideas?

For some reason, even though enabled, my car doesn't make any audible noises when locking / unlocking. I enabled this on my A3 and it was super convenient.

Any ideas?
Activating tone on lock / unlock on MLB vehicles is very different to MQB, very very different. What instructions did you follow?

Activating tone on lock / unlock on MLB vehicles is very different to MQB, very very different. What instructions did you follow?
I was just using the built-in Carista functionality - but I'll happily do it through VCDS if it's possible?

I was just using the built-in Carista functionality - but I'll happily do it through VCDS if it's possible?
46 - Central Convenience

Long coding
Byte 4
Bit 6 = Active

Adaptations
-Channel = sounder_settings-beeptime_closing_central_locking
Set to Single Beep
-Channel = Turn Signal control-Confirmation flashing locking central locking; flashing cycles
Set to 1
-Channel = central_locking_system-beep_at_opening
Set to On
-Channel = sounder_settings-beeptime_opening_central_locking
Set to double beep
-Channel = Turn Signal control-Confirmation flashing unlocking central locking; flashing cycles
Set to 2

Browse to Central Locking Menu on MMI and toggle tone on lock to On.

46 - Central Convenience

Long coding
Byte 4
Bit 6 = Active

Adaptations
-Channel = sounder_settings-beeptime_closing_central_locking
Set to Single Beep
-Channel = Turn Signal control-Confirmation flashing locking central locking; flashing cycles
Set to 1
-Channel = central_locking_system-beep_at_opening
Set to On
-Channel = sounder_settings-beeptime_opening_central_locking
Set to double beep
-Channel = Turn Signal control-Confirmation flashing unlocking central locking; flashing cycles
Set to 2

Browse to Central Locking Menu on MMI and toggle tone on lock to On.
Worked perfectly! Carista missed toggling the MMI change.

Thanks a bunch

Reactions: DJAlix
For adblue to show in mmi level . I have a4 b9 2016 DeUA 2.0 tdi ultra . What adaptation and coding I need to do with obdeleven. Thanks

For adblue to show in mmi level . I have a4 b9 2016 DeUA 2.0 tdi ultra . What adaptation and coding I need to do with obdeleven. Thanks
Don’t think it’s possible. From memory I believe the menu pops but there is no sensor in the car.

Anyone done sign recognition? I have the matrix headlights and lane assist already so I am pretty sure its possible but cant find it anywhere.