1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

VCDS Modifications

davidbir Sep 21, 2016

1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Registered User

If you can arrange that, it would be brilliant, thanks :). Wrt cost, can the mods be done for less than 100 notes?
    I would require:

1) Start-stop permanently deactivated, not just when the AC system is switched on - most important mod!!

2) Audio chirping when car is locked (double beep) and unlocked (single beep)

3) Rear taillights always on as part of DRLs.

I can pm you my vehicle reg and VIN if it helps?

Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Oh yer, would be half that from me!

First things first let me have a chat with the guys so we can see what’s possible.

X3man and psychopomp1 like this.
  4. psychopomp1

Did you get a chance to discuss this with the Bonnybridge guys?

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Not as yet, busy week what with being away working in Greece. On my list of things to do for early next week.

psychopomp1 likes this.
  6. psychopomp1

ok no worries

7. psychopomp1

Hi
    Did you get a chance to find out more?

8. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Registered User

AUTO ENABLE MATRIX LED vs AUTO High Beam Assist.

Guys. My Car has Matrix LED lights and Id like the auto high beam to be enabled by default instead of of me pushing the stall forward every time. I’ve seen coding only to enable this for cars equipped with High Beam Assist but not for cars with Matrix Headlights.

Can anyone help me with the coding for this. I used to have VCDS but now OBDeleven but the log coding is pretty much the same so if anyone knows how to do it on VCDS I’m sure I can do it on OBDeleven.

9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Not sure if that is wise, the auto setting doesn't detect fog and could result in you driving around with the headlamps on full beam dazzling other drivers. I am sure that you will also realise it may not be legal...

10. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Not possible on the B9

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Evil Derboy likes this.
  11. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

Does anyone know if it's possible to program closing of the boot with the remote on an Avant? Don't know why they allow you to open it but not close it?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Nope not possible. Is only available if you have comfort key with virtual peddle

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

14. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

15. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

16. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was only illustrating how it can be performed, looks like you'd have to purchase that module...

17. Evil Derboy

Would simply deactivate it instead of activate it. Assume it's road legal as it's been on by default on previous cars I've owned.

18. Evil Derboy

OK mate. Appreciate the input.

19. hadez16

hadez16 Registered User

Did anyone already find out how to code the normal horn for the lock/unlock chirping thing when you do not have an anti-theft system installed?

20. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Yes it is on by default on our fiesta, but it can still be easily temporarily turned off with the stalk or permanently off within the car settings or. Not by having to decode it....

21. psychopomp1

Do you really want to be disturbing your neighbours everytime you lock/unlock your car? I have the standard audio chirping switched on (both lock and unlocking) and yes it does sound a little low but you get used to it and it does the job.

22. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Registered User

Took a look for a few minutes but need more time to figure it out.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

23. Evil Derboy

You can still turn the functionality on or off in the MMI whether the default behavior is to have it activated or de-activated at engine start up.

Lets not have a really boring, circular conversation about whether it should be done or how I'd use it. I only wanted to know if it's possible....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    cuke2u likes this.
  24. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I wasn't giving you a lecture at all, you chose to respond to my posts and at the end of the day it is up to you, but I would hate you to get into bother legally and the advice wasn't given.
    So lets just beg to differ, or whatever..

25. Evil Derboy

Sorry. I was in the middle of editing my response when you answered. I get frustrated when people who are unable to answer a question about how to do something, start a side argument about whether that thing should be done. It happens all the time on forums and most likely the poser of the question has already considered the ramifications of what they want to do without others taking things off track by telling him he shouldn't do it.

cuke2u likes this.
  26. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

No harm done, lets just put it down to a misunderstanding and it was definitely not intended offended you. Sometimes advice, however well intended it is, can come across differently in forums...

27. dentimarius

dentimarius Registered User

Hi. I am new on this forum, but I read this interesting topic. I have a Audi Q7, 4M, 2016. My old VCDS 18.9 doesn't connect to 46 module. Ok, it can't connect because this is a new module. I want to buy a new VCDS. As I read here, I should buy a hex-net but I don't find it in my country. I only find VCDS hex v2, 19.6.2 . This will be capable to read 46 module on my car ? Or only hex-net can do this ? Thank you guys.

28. DJAlix

Genuine V2 cables have no version as the software and updates are free. To talk to your vehicle fully you need a V2 or a hex-net, the latter of which is only needed if you want to talk to Lambo’s.

DP24v likes this.
  29. Kondax

Kondax Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

For some reason, even though enabled, my car doesn't make any audible noises when locking / unlocking. I enabled this on my A3 and it was super convenient.

Any ideas?

30. DJAlix

Activating tone on lock / unlock on MLB vehicles is very different to MQB, very very different. What instructions did you follow?

31. Kondax

I was just using the built-in Carista functionality - but I'll happily do it through VCDS if it's possible?

32. DJAlix

46 - Central Convenience

Long coding
    Byte 4
    Bit 6 = Active

Adaptations
    -Channel = sounder_settings-beeptime_closing_central_locking
    Set to Single Beep
    -Channel = Turn Signal control-Confirmation flashing locking central locking; flashing cycles
    Set to 1
    -Channel = central_locking_system-beep_at_opening
    Set to On
    -Channel = sounder_settings-beeptime_opening_central_locking
    Set to double beep
    -Channel = Turn Signal control-Confirmation flashing unlocking central locking; flashing cycles
    Set to 2

Browse to Central Locking Menu on MMI and toggle tone on lock to On.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Kondax

Worked perfectly! Carista missed toggling the MMI change.

Thanks a bunch

DJAlix likes this.
  35. George A4 b9

George A4 b9 Registered User

For adblue to show in mmi level . I have a4 b9 2016 DeUA 2.0 tdi ultra . What adaptation and coding I need to do with obdeleven. Thanks

36. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

37. DJAlix

Don’t think it’s possible. From memory I believe the menu pops but there is no sensor in the car.

Tags: