1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

VCDS Modifications

davidbir Sep 21, 2016

1. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Registered User

Or even just "Coding / Adaption Modifications".

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Snow Addict

Snow Addict Registered User

Hi, I have just ordered the OBDEleven, are these all one touch coding that are available so far? Or do they require long coding?

4. h1r4

h1r4 Registered User

Hi mate when I get the bap personalisation and enter the code it comes up with nothing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

5. mjcourtney

Can you post a screenshot? Once you've entered the access code it should allow you to change the 'BAP Personalisation' setting. Not sure why it is coming up blank.

h1r4 likes this.
  6. h1r4

h1r4 Registered User

I'll try again tonight and show you mate

mjcourtney likes this.
  7. Snow Addict

Hi all, does anyone know If there is a code available to enable the visual aid for the parking sensors? I only have the Beeping currently. is there anywhere where all the codes that are available are all in one place?

firebits likes this.
  8. lord_lorin

lord_lorin Coal Burner FTW!

Really impressive thread, will be doing alot of these modifications on my A4 when it arrives....

9. dts439

dts439 Registered User

Well I enabled Lap Timer on the A4 with VCDS which worked but still no Gear Indicator in the HUD even when laptimer is running.

Anybody else managed it ?

10. mjcourtney

Don't have the HUD otherwise I'd have a look for you!

11. Snow Addict

Obdeleven turned up today. Great bit of kit for the money. Managed to get a few bits done, going to give lane assist a go tomorrow.
    Hill hold assist is available on my wife's 2017 A3 as an app so must be a way of doing it on our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Snow Addict

I've coded this on mine tonight if your ever near Peterborough let me know

Brasso likes this.
  14. Brasso

Brasso Registered User

Thanks Snow Addict. All done by DJAlix and I've subsequently bought vcp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJAlix likes this.
  15. Snow Addict

No problem glad you got it sorted! I'm really struggling to get lane assist to work without getting the pre sense fault at the minute. :-(

16. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

Anyone found the coding for rear lights always on?

17. 007dan91

007dan91 Registered User

Hi Snow Addict, noticed you mentioned your in the Peterborough area, I'm from here aswell Hampton area and I'm looking to get the Sweeping dials on my A5 B9, is there anyway of checking the app to see if they support the new model yet?

I don't have the app or the device so I was hoping if it is there you don't mind doing it :)

18. Snow Addict

No problem, I'll check it out when I'm back home on Monday and let you know. Don't mind doing it for you if it's available

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  19. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

I have done this on my B9 using VCDS

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

20. 007dan91

007dan91 Registered User

That's great thanks, the standard motion looks ok but after seeing them mentioned in this thread and on videos it's quite a nice feature to have.

Was this on a A5 Coupe B9? I wasn't too sure as the models only really been released if it was available, guess as the A5 is virtually an A4 It was be very similar coding

21. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

It is an A4 B9, no labels on VCDS so just changed the right byte

22. 007dan91

007dan91 Registered User

ah right, not looked into VCDS too much, the app seems easier to use, defiantly after the needle sweep, maybe lane assist

23. ub7rm

ub7rm Registered User

I presume the speed limit recognition works off the same camera as pre sense so can this be coded in too? Or is there extra hardware required for that?

24. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

I have just got the app yesterday. It should be easier as it has the labels - I have just had to report an issue to support as one of he modules I want to access is giving an error and has no labels!

25. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

Can you share your long coding for Central Electrics please? OBD11 just arrived and I have no labels on this module! Support say it will be a month until it is fixed as they are waiting for a new DB from Audi.

26. lsc05

lsc05 Registered User

Do you have VC? I don't know sure if this coding with needle sweep works with Virtual Cockpit :-??
    Thanks!

27. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

No I don't

28. mjcourtney

I'll try and grab it this week and post it up.

Needle Sweep works fine with the Virtual Cockpit :)

29. lsc05

lsc05 Registered User

Sounds good, but I can't imagine how it would be showing in the VC! Maybe can someone make a video or something?

30. larbel

larbel Registered User

@DJAlix Hey do you happened to have the coding to disable B9's LED DRL? Thanks!

31. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Seriously, why?

32. larbel

larbel Registered User

I'm not in UK nor EU where we have no regulations for DRL..

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Ah, I see, I also thought the drl's on the A4 were one of the best things. Do you have separate indicators as well?

35. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Which application are you using?

36. larbel

larbel Registered User

Either VCDS or OBD11, thx!

@cuke2u Same setup as UK

37. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

I was going to suggest activating the DRL sub menu within the exterior lighting main menu, to allow the DRLs to be toggled on and off but VCDS cannot do this. ODBeleven will not be able to do this unless there is an app for it.

Only other way to turn off the DRLs would be via the related adaptation channels within 09 - Cent Elect. There might be a global DRL channel but most likely you will need to change each bulb to be off. Am not sure what channels need to be changed off hand. If you can generate an adaptation map of 09 and post it up / pm it I can work out whats needed.

My "queue" is a bit stacked up at the moment so there will be a delay in my getting back to you.

38. Snow Addict

Hi DJAlix, don't suppose you know how I'd go about enabling the visual aid for the rear parking sensors? Currently I've only got a beeping.
    Cheers

39. DJAlix

This is something I actually need to test, along with the same feature for the FL A3. The coding side of things I need to test myself before releasing as I don't want to supply bum information that might cause issues, but also mostly because VCP or ODIS is needed. The only other known way to do this is to change / upgrade the park assist module.

Don't suppose you are near London at all are you?

40. Snow Addict

Just north of London, happy to travel though

41. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

I have done this but the network search is greyed out.....any ideas if something else needs to be done as well?

42. mjcourtney

Here you go:

07501143C13900CD014451185B3F00B9130B3108000000000000000060001C810A4502A322B60A

Parklife likes this.
  43. Parklife

Parklife Registered User

Thanks - unfortunately I can't work out what was changed as the values are too different from mine!!!

Tags: