VCDS Logs

Blackcupraa

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

Just done a few logs with my new VCDS cable (fear I may lose a few tanks of petrol because of this) and have a few q's.

Firstly i've logged block 002 just to get an idea of gs/sec and it seems a little below my expectations.

The car is a a APY (1999) S3 with a generic Custom Code stage 1 map with a B5 v3.0 TIP and Jetex Filter, N249, N112? and SAi removed (resistors in place) I have a Catch Can to fit but it's been a little cold recently.

Now according to Block 002 I get a peak of 186.53 at 6360rpm, however the gs/sec is around 170+ between 5080rpm and redline.

Does this seem normal to you? I don't believe the car has ever had a new MAF, could this explain why it seems low to me or are my expectations too high for a 14 year old car :)

Cheers gents.

Looks a little low, should really be looking around the 210 mark with your map and TIP etc I would think. If its never had a new maf then you want to be getting a nice shiny new Bosch one from TPS or Audi, not GSF/ECP. Any fault codes showing?

No fault codes, apart from no comm with alarm horn, which I alredy knew about.

I get a nice discount at ECP, what's wrong with their MAFs? Or is it due to them not being OE compared to TPS etc.

186gs is a little low tbh... a MAF from ECP is fine as long as its a Bosch one and not a no name pattern part...

<tuffty/>

186gs is a little low tbh... a MAF from ECP is fine as long as its a Bosch one and not a no name pattern part...

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty, I was kind of hoping one from ECP would be okay, it was only ever going to be a Bosch one anyway.

What else should I be logging and looking for on VCDS to check the integrity of the car?

I've done a cheeky Block 120 log as well (who needs a RR? haha) and done the BHP / Torque vs RPM graph and it appears to be around 220-230 BHP.

Bit limited on your narrowband ecu but 020 (timing pull), 115 (boost) and checking block 032 (fuel trims) are a good idea

<tuffty/>