Vcds logging

Cbax

Reaction score
Hi all, so I decided to record some of my car running back yesterday and was wondering if anything looks strange? I have overboost issues and am I right in thinking its boosting to 2.4b???

Any other blocks worth recording to see the results? Ie fuel pump?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20191012_214834.png
    20191012_214834.png
    499.7 KB · Views: 166
A cursory look suggests that it's mapped and hasnonly had the boost turned up and nothing done to stock fuelling

2400mbar is absolute pressure so you need to take atmospheric pressure off that (typically around 1mbar)

So this suggests 1.4bar boost pressure which at the afr you are running is too lean...

Please note that the fuelling request is too lean and actual afr is following request...

Your injector on time suggests that they are fairly maxed out too at 19ms on time but at this point I'd be more concerned that the boost request is so high for so little requested afr

<tuffty/>

A cursory look suggests that it's mapped and hasnonly had the boost turned up and nothing done to stock fuelling

2400mbar is absolute pressure so you need to take atmospheric pressure off that (typically around 1mbar)

So this suggests 1.4bar boost pressure which at the afr you are running is too lean...

Please note that the fuelling request is too lean and actual afr is following request...

Your injector on time suggests that they are fairly maxed out too at 19ms on time but at this point I'd be more concerned that the boost request is so high for so little requested afr

<tuffty/>

Thanks for clearing it up for me tuffty! I bought the car standard (turns out its mapped with no proof boost gauge spikes to 1.55 bar+-) and since buying it I have done all the common mods since buying it, so would you say it's most likely the map and would benefit from another?

Cheers!

All I can realistically say at this time is the map that's on it is not a good one...

If its standard with no mods it defiantly should not be running that much boost and the fuelling is way too lean for it too...

I would take it to a reputable tuner with experience in 1.8t's and get it mapped properly and checked over for any other issues..

Any decent tuner should be able to let you know if there any issues with the engine

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Cbax
All I can realistically say at this time is the map that's on it is not a good one...

If its standard with no mods it defiantly should not be running that much boost and the fuelling is way too lean for it too...

I would take it to a reputable tuner with experience in 1.8t's and get it mapped properly and checked over for any other issues..

Any decent tuner should be able to let you know if there any issues with the engine

<tuffty/>
Ill follow that up then, want to go to badger5 but I'm in Yorkshire so it's quite the drive. Do you reckon if I go down theyd be able to fix and map it?

Dont want to travel all that way to not have it sorted will message badger5 on fb

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would stay off the loud pedal with boost vs fueling like you have posted.
Very poor amateur map on there.
Our office number to book in is 01453822880
opening hours 0900-1800-mon-fri and sat 0900-13.30

Without seeing your car it's anyone's guess as to if all your problems are fixable on one visit...

If the issues are bad enough that they can't be fixed there and then that's just how it is...

Bill will sort you out if he can regardless mate

<tuffty/>

Thanks for your help guys!

I'll give you guys a call to get booked in when I've sourced and fitted a fmic and ill hold off hard boost till then!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk