Vcds log

sandwich1987

Reaction score
Audi s3

im not over concerned about the log itself, as you can see i pulled 3cf's on cylinder 3 at the very end of the power run, and after that i satred to get 0.8 on 3 and 4 a few times and 4.5 on cylinder 3 when driving back home doing 30ish is this a concern??? seeing this timing pull when not actually pushing the car?

On a side note ive been having abs traction problems and looked at block 125 to see the values but cant find anything to reference to they both read 1, ross tech just tells you to look at 125 not what the values should be?

Cheers
apoliges if u cant really see the log that well im really quite pish at anything to do with excel...

cf's of around 3 are good as you want some so you know your not running to little timing. It also allows for different grades of fuel.

Bam engine has vvt, id imagine at 30-40 you'll be on the kfzw1 timing map, no cam change over , which tends to be a higher timing map..give it some stick and you'll switch to kfzw2, cam will switch and a lower timing map will take preference to keep cfs under check.. even at 4.5 its not bad.. if you where running cfs 9+ at 6500rpm then you can worry!

Cheers its just im fitting my WMI nozzle and testing it soon and didnt want to start from a bad base. cheers for the info :)

if youre worried you can use unisettings to knock a few degrees of timing off the map, but it does it across the whole map, so not ideal. Peace of mind till it's mapped properly.

its been mapped properly, i was just goin to add a degree or so in unisettings untill i started getting 5-6 across the board when testing my meth install.

check your intake pipe into throttle body for oil
if its running out, check pcv systems not holed.
high consumption of oil fume thru motor drops effective octane rating, and will pull more cf
decent fuel in there is also strongly advised.. 99ron

I don't have any oil in the intake pipe, and I've done a catch can venting to atmosphere. I didn't pull any timing what so ever until after the first run and only 2-3 times on the drive home, pulling 4.5 as the highest. 99% of the time it was 0.