vcds lite/car port.

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
Hi all my son has a a3 2007 170bhp tdi sline he is looking for some software for his car but has been told that there is some software called car port which he can use on the audi, just looking for some help what do you think he should go for as not sure of what would be the best for him he wont be doing any thing crazy with the software just to read data and if any fault codes come up. I can't say that i have seen or been told anything about this carport software so really not sure what to say would be the best. Or could some body point me in the way of a kit or a diagnostic reader as i have been looking and a bit confused as it seems that vcds lite would not work on my son's car as the vcds lite only works up to a certain year. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Last edited:
You can also buy a genuine Ross-Tech cable a little expensive but worth it in the long run as this will allow you access to all modules , adaptions etc, plus if he registers with Ross-tech he will be able to get support through there forum page where there is a wealth off info

You can also buy a genuine Ross-Tech cable a little expensive but worth it in the long run as this will allow you access to all modules , adaptions etc, plus if he registers with Ross-tech he will be able to get support through there forum page where there is a wealth off info
Thanks for your help shall let my son have a look and see what he can find.

Ross-Tech cables may seem expensive but IMHO worth every penny if you’re an enthusiast and don’t want to pay others for stuff that you can easily do yourself, it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made.