VCDS iOS as a full alternative to Windows

Reaction score
Looking at VCDS / Carista / OBDeleven and wondering if anyone has the iOS version running and found it a useful alternative to needing a windows laptop

I left Microsoft years ago so VCDS would need a laptop to support it.

I know there are gaps in the iOS implementation, and would hate to be a guinea pig if someone has taken the plunge already

I have just bought the OBDeleven, and I also got Odis and VCDS. As per now, I’ve been able to do all the things that I’ve done only using OBDeleven, I haven’t had that much time to compare but it is much easier and much faster to use so my Odis and VCDS are now collecting dust.
If you have a very advanced use for the tools I guess VCDS is still the «go-to tool», but OBDeleven can tackle all of the things you do regularly.

Thanks for the feedback, looks like I’ll be reading up and probably buying OBDEleven. I’ll look around for a site sponsor to buy OBDEleven, unless someone is gracious enough to point me in the right direction for iOS :icon thumright:

Not knocking OBD as i have heard good things about the platform but as i am a Vcds user i would have to say you will be limited to certain things u might want to do to ur car and i dont just mean mods ,

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I’m running VCDS on my MacBook, running Parallel Windows without any issues :hi:

Not knocking OBD as i have heard good things about the platform but as i am a Vcds user i would have to say you will be limited to certain things u might want to do to ur car and i dont just mean mods ,

I’m a VCDS guy for sure, problem is I’ve dumped Intel chips so I don’t really have a path to use the full VCDS using the iOS version Ross Tech have put out

I’m a VCDS guy for sure, problem is I’ve dumped Intel chips so I don’t really have a path to use the full VCDS using the iOS version Ross Tech have put out
Have you spoke to ross-tech about ur problem as i am sure they qould like to know if there is anyway they could help you worth a shout

Not yet, they have a comparison table however that is very much a summary of things that the mobile version does compared to the full windows version. Only when you get it into your hands do you really know the limitations of the platform...

That URL shows the details, I simply don’t have enough experience to know if this fulfills all the things I’ll need to do. I may just take a punt as it’s better than what I have now.

Not yet, they have a comparison table however that is very much a summary of things that the mobile version does compared to the full windows version. Only when you get it into your hands do you really know the limitations of the platform...

That URL shows the details, I simply don’t have enough experience to know if this fulfills all the things I’ll need to do. I may just take a punt as it’s better than what I have now.
Might still be worth chatting to them as i have no experience with apple just windows sorry i cant be off Ny more help but hooe u get it sorted out