vcds interface not found?

bouncer117

Reaction score
i have just recieved my vcds and installed it tried to conect to car and test but comes up saying port status: ok, interface: not found! does anyone have any ideas what this means? any addvice would be helpful thanks

No idea then could be a variety of issues not least the lead itself.

The port config will be wrong.

Check what port the USB device is on, then change the port number to the VCDS port

You need to go into device manager and hunt for the lead and then look at the settings. One of the settings will have the port number. In the start-up screen for VCDS, the is a test setting of some sort - I forget now - go to the test, and ensure the com port in use is the same as the one in your device manager. Then save the test BEFORE you get excited try and reprogram the toilet flush module.

I'm assuming your using VCDS lite with the e-bay lead, which does have limited functionality.
If you are using a pirate copy, this is norty :asskicking: and frowned on here.

The e-bay leads are a bit of an ****, so you may end up wanting to speak to NHM if it all gets too much, as he will swap you a full CAN lead for the requisite number of beer tokens.

I think you can still get a KII lead from Ross-Tech in the States, but TBH, the money saved is not really worth it. (I did that though)

as above, will be incorrect com port, I had to do this with mine

it just gets better i have another problem wit it now lol tried scannin for faults it starts then a message comes up saying: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows wil stop the program... any ideas lol?

No idea on that one. It might be worth re-installing the program - or seeing if there is an anti-virus issue.

I do refer you back to my post

The e-bay leads are a bit of an ****, so you may end up wanting to speak to NHM if it all gets too much, as he will swap you a full CAN lead for the requisite number of beer tokens.

Some members get a bit excited over non-genuine leads, but to be honest, e-bay leads and the shareware VCDS work ok.
However, if you find your using it a lot - get a genuine one as soon as, and get more options and less hassle.

Run it as administrator.

Also, make sure your using VCDS Lite from the Rosstech page, and not the older shareware 409 version that lots of leads ship with, as 409 doesnt work with 64bit windows.