1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

VCDS help asap

Ro55 Oct 12, 2015

1. Ro55

Ro55 Active Member VCDS Map User

Not used my VCDS in a while,but i remember it asking me to update a while ago.which i did.
    last night the engine light came on so i need to scan it asap...so i connect the lead.plug in laptop ect.
    Comes up i need to test and save...because of the update i take it...it says test ok/complete but i need to
    update,and it wownt let me scan until ive done the update. im up to date with 15.7

Any clues folks?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It maybe a firmware update, hence the cable needs this to be compatible with newer versions, so you must proceed with this 1st, if it is indeed this update that is.

4. Ro55

I had the update sent in a email notification a while back and did it...but ive never used it since.
    click usb and test says OK but further down says update needed.
    Do i go to ross tech and download again?

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Email notification, never had one of those ever, afaik RT don't email people with update advisories.

As long as its genuine, remove the software, download from RT direct & install, then retest.

6. Ro55

I recieved something lol as i remember agreeing to it...
    i have HEX-USB+CAN
    im confused to which one to download.

7. Ro55

All sorted. NHN you were right just a firmware update.i made the mistake by disconecting when i saw the "update" word.
    Thinking id need to be on the internet...the firmware update needs you connected to the car,and doesnt need a internet connection...suppose everyone knows that :redface: