VCDS error codes pinged up on the old bus today, any thoughts ?

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well for the first time in a very long time there were 2 errors logged when I ran vcds today, I cleared them but I suspect they may be back and wanted to get some feedback on possible solutions.
first is: P2196 - 004 B1-S1 , and the second is: P0642 - 002 .....I suspect the two are connected by a single fault but wanted to get a better idea on things.
No CEL or MIL to date but the error seems to stem from the installation of the 034 sports cat....
any feedback and suggections of a fix would be good, would a remap rectify any problematic hardware issues causing the errors.

rob

Do you not know how to use Google?

The first one means it’s running too rich on sensor 1 bank 1

The second one means multiple possibilities

Faulty engine control module (ECM)

Open or shorted electrical components from the engine sensors

Open or shorted ECM harness

Shorted sensor on 5-volt circuit

Loose or disconnected ground wires in the PCM input circuitry

Internal malfunctions in the PCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake and Dani_B19
Google, what's that then carl.....you cant trust search engines anymore......better to ask the question and get a better more reliable answer, such as yours.

So few things to check then , many thanks carl

Looks like the second error is in keeping with previous error sometime ago for the manifold runner flap, I have a runner flap delete kit already on order , hopefully that will sort that out.
I suspect the oxy sensor is at fault ,it did look pretty dirty when I extracted it from the oem cat, may try cleaning it , any recommended methods.

Iirc when they are faulty it’s easier to replace than to try and revive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your right carl, but just thinking it maybe due to me disturbing it last week that has set it on a wobbly , bit of pain as ECP were doing the exact right part last week for silly money with a big week discount, I think it was £39.00 ish for one after the promo code.....

I'll have another snoop , thanks chap