VCDS error code 01044

FPSUsername

B.Eng. EE
Reaction score
Hello,

Since I scanned this Audi A3 8P Cabrio, I noticed one issue that I can not seem to fix (it could be that the garage messed up some of the codings when the previous owner was upgrading the radio).
I have seen people getting the error code 01044 regarding their radio, but I don't see any mention of the radio in my error.
This car came originally with the default radio and had been upgraded to the RNS-E v192. The car is equipped with the original AUX input, but the wiring harness is missing the 32 pin plug that goes in the head unit. I did feel that the AUX shroud has wiring, so maybe the plug is somewhere hidden behind the dashboard (a problem for another time).

Here are the VCDS logs:
Screenshot 2020 11 14 140022
Screenshot 2020 11 14 140909
Screenshot 2020 11 14 140041
Gateway module info:

Full log:

Current coding:
E9817F245002025100

I would like to know how I could solve this issue, the ross-tech wiki was helpful in understanding, but unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what the issue is.

Last edited:
Just enable 16 in Installation List in gateway module & Save, why someone disabled that is beyond me but alas.

Reactions: FPSUsername
Change ignition switch in rear of ignition, that's another, radio antenna system wasn't suited to rns-e upgrade needed to fix this & remove error, change mirror glass or clean contacts that'll fix that.

Auxin requires rewiring as it wasn't an rns initially, so has no 32pin.

Voila all good I'd say.

If you're UK & want it all fixed for you, ping me a WhatsApp.

Perhaps you know the part number that I need for the ignition switch. I noticed random power cuts where the radio and cluster display starts to flicker. Also, in rare cases, the radio doesn't turn off when I remove the key from the ignition. I assume that this is all an issue from the switch?

What about the radio antenna system, what kind of fix do I need?

About the mirror, I know, one of the connectors is stuck on the mirror. I need some penetrating oil to undo it and clean the contacts, not a big issue.
Recently the right door won't open and it's most likely due to a bad cable of where the door meets the car. Unfortunately, I couldn't undo the connector. I'll try another time.

I do not live in the UK, so, unfortunately, I can't make use of your service. Thanks for helping me this far.