VCDS-Discussions

I called in to my dealers this afternoon to see if was possible to run a feed from the fuse box on my new A3 to a floating 12v socket for me to connect my TomTom charger unit behind the dash. The Master Technician/Assistant Service Manager said this would be no problem as they do it quite a lot and they would do it as part of the PDI.

In conversation with him I asked if it was still possible to make the instrument lights on the 8V stay on all the time as the do on my current 8P. He said he did not know but would ask the factory. He then raised a point which may be the answer to why no tuning companies offer a 're-map' for the 8V other than those German companies who completely replace the ECU. It seems that any changes that need to be done to the ECU or any of the other electronic modules on the new 8V can no longer be done by the dealer.

They now connect the car to the factory in Germany via an internet connection and any changes are made by the factory and then sent back over the internet to the car. Any changes that have been made to the original spec of any of the units that are not recorded against the VIN number of the car will be put back to standard by the download. He said this was a much better system from their point of view as they did not have to get involved in the complexities of the coding.

I suppose this could be a problem for any changes made using VCDS.

Ours has just come out of having a problem sorted with the SatNav and i made some VCDS changes they are still on there.

Rich

Ours has just come out of having a problem sorted with the SatNav and i made some VCDS changes they are still on there.

Rich

I suppose it depends on what changes have been made. Hopefully only changes to the ECU rather than other modules (I hope) or perhaps just any module they have to make any changes. Something to monitor in the future I think .

Last edited:
Reactions: amped2
Only a few small changes,visual rear parking,beep alarm lock

I've had a software update on mine last week and VCDS mods were still on the car

Anyone know if the drl LEDs can be adjusted for brightness when either side or dipped beam is on but dim as usual on indicator?

Reactions: 5pot
Hi guys,

I tried to enable to the visual display for rear parking sensors on mine. I followed the coding mentioned earlier in this thread but was shown error 33 - access not allowed.

I typed in the access code provided on here but with no luck. I tried with two separate VCDS and got the same problem both times.

Can anyone suggest how I can activate the display?

Thanks

Finally got a hold of a lead, me and a friend have gone halves on one (he owns a Skoda Superb so compatible with both)

Just to say JohnnyM100 knows his stuff and a big thanks to him for having sorted the visual display for rear parking sensors, needle sweep etc on my 1.4 COD Sportback yesterday. Hopefully we can try other mods once verified.

Jim

See my post below but JohnnyM100 and I had the same message yesterday but he seemed to find a way round it and it's working perfectly now.

Jim

Hello everyone, these are all the activations that are riuuscito to effetuare on my A3 8V

.Reduction of passenger mirror in riverse

.Codes for Activating the Pointer Test / Staging Hands Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes for Activating via the MMI visual parking aid Audi parking system APS Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to disabile decrease in intensity LED on switch (1) and (2) Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Codes to turn off the rear window wiper when reversing Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to turn off the front with decrease of Led Directional arrow inseritaTestata Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to Enable LED Rear Lights with switch to "Zero" Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes for Activating Coming Home Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Daytime running lights off in the DRL disabile MMI MMI Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to Display the oil temperature gauge in laptimer fis on Audi A3 8V/8VA

Reactions: phil1824
Hello everyone, these are all the activations that are riuuscito to effetuare on my A3 8V

.Codes for Activating via the MMI visual parking aid Audi parking system APS Audi A3 8V/8VA

.Codes to disabile decrease in intensity LED on switch (1) and (2) Head of Audi A3 8V/8VA (without sensor light / rain)

.Codes to turn off the front with decrease of Led Directional arrow inseritaTestata Audi A3 8V/8VA

If the moderators allow me i can put the link to the guides that I've created on the Italian forum.

Hi guys,

I tried to enable to the visual display for rear parking sensors on mine. I followed the coding mentioned earlier in this thread but was shown error 33 - access not allowed.

I typed in the access code provided on here but with no luck. I tried with two separate VCDS and got the same problem both times.

Can anyone suggest how I can activate the display?

Thanks
12.12.0 Using the guide here is the A3 8v/8VA

How-to Vag. Codici per Attivare tramite MMI rappresentazione visiva di ausilio al parcheggio

"Hi everybody, these are all the activations I was able to do on my A3 8V"

Just to say, I met forum member Mr Heisenberg in South Manchester yesterday, and made some mods to my 8v s-line:

Alarm chirps and MMI setting,
Adjusted DRL brightness so when on sidelights it was a bit brighter,
Got 'coming home' function to work well, not sure about leaving home.

And we both moaned a lot about the state of the VCDS codings all over the Internet and peoples inability to discuss one thing in one thread and post the updates in another!
Only took a few hours to get sorted, and really pleased with the work done.

Cheers Paul!

Nick

Reactions: Heisenberg
Hi all,

Is there a way to reset my vcds mods to factory settings again?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Is there a way to reset my vcds mods to factory settings again?

There is no 'restore to factory' button but as mentioned a few posts above, a dealer software upgrade resets many of them.

If the person doing your VCDS mods knows their stuff then they would have done a before and after scan so you can backtrack.

Reactions: RYuill