VCDS delivery, 1 happy customer.

l5tuy

Reaction score
Evening people,

Just thought I would offer my thoughts on the VCDS as I received it today and am delighted to have it. Coded in the dial sweep, seatbelt chime removal and cleared all error codes. First of all I'd like to mention how easy it is to use, when researching and reading about coding I actually thought you needed to write codes into the car however nothing is further from the truth in actual fact it's simple tick box's.

At the weekend I will code in my new cruise control stalks and report back on this.

For anybody sitting on the fence to get one of these, do it it's a brilliant tool.

If there is anyone in the Aberdeen area who wishes to use my cable feel free to drop me a line.
Thanks

5tuy

Evening people,

Just thought I would offer my thoughts on the VCDS as I received it today and am delighted to have it. Coded in the dial sweep, seatbelt chime removal and cleared all error codes. First of all I'd like to mention how easy it is to use, when researching and reading about coding I actually thought you needed to write codes into the car however nothing is further from the truth in actual fact it's simple tick box's.

At the weekend I will code in my new cruise control stalks and report back on this.

For anybody sitting on the fence to get one of these, do it it's a brilliant tool.

If there is anyone in the Aberdeen area who wishes to use my cable feel free to drop me a line.
Thanks

5tuy

Stuy, I will add your cable into the Scottish members section if thats ok with you? :)

Stuy, I will add your cable into the Scottish members section if thats ok with you? :)

Absolutely, I didn't realise there was a register. Good idea though.

5tuy

Oh yes, I have seen that number 99 that's me.

Thanks

Nice one. Is the needle sweep hard to do?

Nice one. Is the needle sweep hard to do?

Not at all mate, Ross-tech web site spoon feeds you through it with a step by step. Looks pretty cool, in fact looks cool as cook ;-)

5tuy

Nice. I wonder if there is any difference in the 2012 clocks? Might have to hit you up as your just up the road a wee bit.

I'd pressume the 2012 clocks would be the same.

Anytime bud, where are you based? Seems to be alot of NE Scottish people on here :)

Stu

I'm between Arbroath and Brechin. Pick up my 2012 today. Woo hoo.

Brilliant, couldn't have asked for a better day for it. Nothing better than picking up a nice shiney new car in the sun:racer:

I spend alot of time in Arbroath as my folks have a holiday home (caravan, but not the gypo kind:) there, if you fancy a go of VCDS let me know and we can sort something out.

Stu

Yeah, well it wont be shiney. I asked them not to wash it. Will do that myself tomorrow, lol.

CAn you do the tow bar update with VCDS? Im in Elgin and just about to book for a towbar update by Audi Inverness.

CAn you do the tow bar update with VCDS? Im in Elgin and just about to book for a towbar update by Audi Inverness.

I haven't tried it but i am planning on doing it, from what i've seen on here it is possible.

L 5tuy

Hi l5tuy, this is a very useful post! Please could you point me in the right direction to get my own VCDS? Is it just a case of ordering the cable/dongle and downloading the software? Do you know where I can get this from please? Thanks in advance! Just picked up my new 2012 A4 Avant BE today. Still buzzing!

1 question. Any risk of invalidating warranty if I use VCDS? Thanks

No not really. I've never heard of a case where there has been a problem, it's a proper professional tool.

I guess if you broke something then you'd be liable - Just don't break anything!!

No not really. I've never heard of a case where there has been a problem, it's a proper professional tool.

I guess if you broke something then you'd be liable - Just don't break anything!!

OK. Sounds good think I might order one of these :)

Hopefully not to late but don't buy direct from Ross-tech. Not that there is anything wrong with their service (in fact it's impeccable) but theres a dealer on here who is doing a special at the moment, buy from him and you'll save yourself £20 or so.

Either way it's a very handy tool, I retro-fitted cruise last weekend and delighted with how easy it was.

If you need any help, just ask.

Stuy

Will keep you in mind mate! I'm in Elgin!;)
Out of interest, what exactly can you change/alter/mess around with on a B8?
Can the needle sweep be coded in for any B8?

Will keep you in mind mate! I'm in Elgin!;)
Out of interest, what exactly can you change/alter/mess around with on a B8?
Can the needle sweep be coded in for any B8?

Theres a few pidly little things you can play around with inc the sweep (which I believe works in all B8s but could be wrong), but switching things like cruise control and towbar electrics on was a big plus for me.

Stu

Ps I'm happy to allow you access to mines ;-)

Theres a few pidly little things you can play around with inc the sweep (which I believe works in all B8s but could be wrong), but switching things like cruise control and towbar electrics on was a big plus for me.

Stu

Ps I'm happy to allow you access to mines ;-)
Cheers mate! I just need to buy a B8 first!!!! Doesn't seem to be many up this neck of the woods for sale!!! :(

Cheers mate! I just need to buy a B8 first!!!! Doesn't seem to be many up this neck of the woods for sale!!! :(

Know what you mean, i found one at Honda in Aberdeen (black 2.0tdi s-line) by the time i got there it was sold, but strangely/luckily enough they got another white one in the next week which i made sure i was there in time to see and subsequently buy (at a reasonable price too has to be said).

Stu