VCDS Coding for Steering Power on 8v RS3

Arcam

Reaction score
I am running the latest VCDS software (16.8.0) and dongle firmware,I can read the steering power level OK, I can also input the security code ok but when I try to change the power setting it states that the security code is required which I had already entered previously and it will not allow it again for 10 minutes.

I have dropped the connection and tried again later but with the same result, anyone else tried this with the new software and firmware?

I am running the latest VCDS software (16.8.0) and dongle firmware,I can read the steering power level OK, I can also input the security code ok but when I try to change the power setting it states that the security code is required which I had already entered previously and it will not allow it again for 10 minutes.

I have dropped the connection and tried again later but with the same result, anyone else tried this with the new software and firmware?
There are two possible Security Access Codes within this module:
  • 71679 (main)
With the new MQB platform came a new code structure. There seems to be a "main" security code and then it's possible to find that selected Adaptation channels have their own codes also.

There are two possible Security Access Codes within this module:
  • 71679 (main)
With the new MQB platform came a new code structure. There seems to be a "main" security code and then it's possible to find that selected Adaptation channels have their own codes also.

Thank you, I will give that a try, I was using the code that the VCDS software suggested.

Reactions: DJAlix
19249 and that code is accepted but still the issue when trying to change the power setting, the other code you list was not accepted.

I will post screen shots up tomorrow.

19249 and that code is accepted but still the issue when trying to change the power setting, the other code you list was not accepted.

I will post screen shots up tomorrow.
Hmm, will see what else I can dig up.

Thanks I have it sorted now, it needed this code to work - 28183 that a different forum member supplied me.
Many thanks for letting me know. I will add it to my database and the document within my signature :)

Many thanks for letting me know. I will add it to my database and the document within my signature :)

Cool :)

I have tried to get on the VCDS register but every time I use the form it fails after I click OK, I am better sending a PM to someone?

Cool :)

I have tried to get on the VCDS register but every time I use the form it fails after I click OK, I am better sending a PM to someone?
Hi Eddie, I have just received your application, I will add you on this afternoon :) x