Facelift VCDS Coding and adaptation change help

MarttiMat

Reaction score
Hello A3/S3 VCDS gurus across the pond,

I was looking for some help with some features using VCDS. I searched and could not find how the options are actually done using VCDS (coding or adaptations).

In particular I am looking to change the following:
  • Turn off the interior sound enhance (Sound-a-Kator?). I assume Sound System coding change? Ross Tech does not have any info via long coding helper...

• Keep exhaust flaps open at all times. Is this done via coding the ECM saying the vehicle is not equipped with flaps (simply un-check the box?)

• Add Start / Stop memory. Or at the very least turn off S/S. Tried several adaptations and it would not keep after ignition cycle. Another gave me an error saying the coding was out of range for the module.
  • Show transmission gear on Virtual Cockpit while in Drive. I found a thread a while back and cannot seem to locate how to code this in? I believe it was through the TCM. Would it would work with VC? Has any VC folks tried it?

This is a new car so I hope there is compatibility with the modules. I will thank @DJAlix ahead of time as I know he is an expert in these matters!

Thanks all for the help!

Thanks for the kind words :)
  • Turn off the interior sound enhance = A9 - Structure Borne Sound > Adaptation > Volume of structure borne noise actuator = Adjust as needed (0% = off). You could also remove the A9 module from the Gateway installation list.
  • Keep exhaust flaps open at all times = 01 - Engine > Coding > Long Coding > Byte 9 > Bit 2 = Untick.
  • Add Start / Stop memory = "Memory" coding not possible on MQB cars, MLB and MLBevo only. Not had a reason to "disable" Start/Stop on FL cars as I now supply a Memory Module instead... more information coming soon :)
  • Show transmission gear in Virtual Cockpit = Not something I have had reason to test as UK vehicles display current gear by default. In order to have the gear shift display within PFL vehicles editing of firmware was needed.

Reactions: AL_B
Thanks for the kind words :)
  • Turn off the interior sound enhance = A9 - Structure Borne Sound > Adaptation > Volume of structure borne noise actuator = Adjust as needed (0% = off). You could also remove the A9 module from the Gateway installation list.
  • Keep exhaust flaps open at all times = 01 - Engine > Coding > Long Coding > Byte 9 > Bit 2 = Untick.
  • Add Start / Stop memory = "Memory" coding not possible on MQB cars, MLB and MLBevo only. Not had a reason to "disable" Start/Stop on FL cars as I now supply a Memory Module instead... more information coming soon :)
  • Show transmission gear in Virtual Cockpit = Not something I have had reason to test as UK vehicles display current gear by default. In order to have the gear shift display within PFL vehicles editing of firmware was needed.

Thank you for the quick response!

I will just deal with switching off the Start/Stop as I will eventually use it once the engine breaks in.

As for the transmission gear, here is the topic I was able to locate:

"[02 - Auto Transmission]
[10 - Adaptation]
Use the drop down menu and scroll way down near the bottom and select Single Gear Display
In the lower drop down labeled "new," select D on/S on
Do it! - you will get a popup saying this is not a standard change and the would you like to use the generic Shop Code and the string is shown - accept this and it will rescan the module.

The DIS will now show Dx and Sx where "x" is the current gear you are in just like it should!"

Turns out this was for old B8's so doubt it would work for 8V but curious to know your thoughts.

Also, any luck on the B&O setting with ODIS?

Reactions: ME CODING and DJAlix
  • Add Start / Stop memory. Or at the very least turn off S/S. Tried several adaptations and it would not keep after ignition cycle. Another gave me an error saying the coding was out of range for the module.
As @DJAlix states, memory coding not possible. Looking forward to seeing the Memory Module.
In the interim, you can disable Start/Stop by raising the threshold voltage so that it doesn't turn on.

1. Module 19 (Can Gateway)
2. Adaption (10)
3. Go to channel: Start_stop_voltage_limit
4. Change value to 12.1V ( default is 7.6V)

Reactions: DJAlix
As @DJAlix states, memory coding not possible. Looking forward to seeing the Memory Module.
In the interim, you can disable Start/Stop by raising the threshold voltage so that it doesn't turn on.

2. Adaption (10)

Ah yes, I did read about this a while back as well. Thank you for the steps to do it. Thanks!

Reactions: DJAlix

2. Adaption (10)

This is version 4, the module I am currently testing with no issues thus far within the following cars:
  • 2015 Audi A3 8V 1.4COD
  • 2014 Audi S3
  • 2016 Audi A3 8V 2.0TFSI
  • 2014 Golf mk7 R
FullSizeRender 2

Will be publishing all information and pricing very soon within the VAG Car Coding Forum :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and jemichae
Thank you for the quick response!

I will just deal with switching off the Start/Stop as I will eventually use it once the engine breaks in.

As for the transmission gear, here is the topic I was able to locate:

"[02 - Auto Transmission]
[10 - Adaptation]
Use the drop down menu and scroll way down near the bottom and select Single Gear Display
In the lower drop down labeled "new," select D on/S on
Do it! - you will get a popup saying this is not a standard change and the would you like to use the generic Shop Code and the string is shown - accept this and it will rescan the module.

The DIS will now show Dx and Sx where "x" is the current gear you are in just like it should!"

Turns out this was for old B8's so doubt it would work for 8V but curious to know your thoughts.

Also, any luck on the B&O setting with ODIS?
Cannot remember seeing anything like that for the 8V to be honest but would be interested in any findings :)

Re the "B&O Settings"... I have forked out the cash but VW have only supplied my official registration and user details thus far. Until I receive my RSA security key and the VAS interface (on back order) I am a little stuck :(

Cannot remember seeing anything like that for the 8V to be honest but would be interested in any findings :)

Re the "B&O Settings"... I have forked out the cash but VW have only supplied my official registration and user details thus far. Until I receive my RSA security key and the VAS interface (on back order) I am a little stuck :(

Got it. I ran out of time tonight to connect to the car. Next time I do, I will let you know if I see anything. Let me know if an AutoScan would benefit here.

Cheers!

Anyone mess around with Developer menu via the VC (Instruments)? I enabled it via adaptations and did not notice anything. It also automatically disables after KL15 cycle.

@DJAlix - I sent you my autoscan for support in any way. Looks like you said, no coding support of 09.

Anyone mess around with Developer menu via the VC (Instruments)? I enabled it via adaptations and did not notice anything. It also automatically disables after KL15 cycle.

@DJAlix - I sent you my autoscan for support in any way. Looks like you said, no coding support of 09.
Developer Menu, after activating, is accessed via a keypress combination. Apologies but I cannot make the process public :(

I got the Autoscan but have not had time to look at it as yet. My day is free today so I will be replying to everyone who has been messaging me, finally.

09 - Cent Elect is now managed via Adaptations with "Long Coding" and parameters via Software Version Management. VCP will do elements of this but for full support you will need ODIS and one of these (arrived this morning :)):

FullSizeRender 2 squashed

Reactions: T-800
Developer Menu, after activating, is accessed via a keypress combination. Apologies but I cannot make the process public :(

Is there any useful features once in the developer menu? Or does this just show you more coding setting in the cluster?