VCDS cable purchased from Advanced In-Car Technology

craig205wrc

Reaction score
Big thanks to Tim (cruiser89) @ Advanced In-Car Technology for the great communication and speedy delivery of my new VCDS cable, he kept me updated throughout the whole process, even took the time out of his day to give me some technical advice on buying a notebook to use it with, can't recommend the man highly enough.

Scan done today which went straightforward thanks to the supplied software disc and instructions.

Plans for tomorrow...
Cruise control
TT Mffbsw
Slip ring
Steering module

Wish me luck, I might just need it haha

All done, it went pretty straightforward to be honest, bookmarked a few threads I found while searching the forum for reference, took a deep breath then went for it, fitted everything, followed the procedures on the Ross-Tech Wiki to recalibrate the steering sensor and stop limit as it was a second hand slip ring, coded the steering wheel settings in the steering module for my new setup, then coded the engine module for cruise control, scanned for fault codes, cleared them, went for a drive, everything worked as it should, scanned again for fault codes, all clear, sorted :)

All done, it went pretty straightforward to be honest, bookmarked a few threads I found while searching the forum for reference, took a deep breath then went for it, fitted everything, followed the procedures on the Ross-Tech Wiki to recalibrate the steering sensor and stop limit as it was a second hand slip ring, coded the steering wheel settings in the steering module for my new setup, then coded the engine module for cruise control, scanned for fault codes, cleared them, went for a drive, everything worked as it should, scanned again for fault codes, all clear, sorted :)

Well done brother.... Your cable has now more than already paid for itself :D

Reactions: craig205wrc
I also bought a VCDS cable from Advanced-in-car. Ordered on Wednesday 1030AM delivered next day before 10AM. Fantastic service.!!!
It cleared all the error codes and coded the steering wheel without issues... Bluetooth is now also fully working..
Shame I found out my RNS-E MK2 (from a seat Exeo) does not support SDS....

I also bought a VCDS cable from Advanced-in-car. Ordered on Wednesday 1030AM delivered next day before 10AM. Fantastic service.!!!
It cleared all the error codes and coded the steering wheel without issues... Bluetooth is now also fully working..
Shame I found out my RNS-E MK2 (from a seat Exeo) does not support SDS....

Glad you got those bugs ironed out and got your bluetooth all sorted :)

Don't worry about SDS, paid for it on both my old A3 and my new A6 4G and don't ever use it...

Hi,how much can you buy this for as I just got a audi been seeing loads on here about this vcds thanks

Got my lead tim thanks been playing around got loads of stuff working on the car now thanks againagain

I would also be interested in sorting out a cable! How much are they?

Cheers!