VCDS B8.5 Mirror Dip Without Memory Seats?

777GE90

Reaction score
I am wondering whether I am able to enable the mirror dip while reversing function on my B8.5, when I don't have memory seats?

My mirrors are electronic and heated but not folding.

Anyone tried it before?

yes you can dip mirrors without seat memory you have to use vcds as you said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 777GE90 and CrazeUK
It can certainly be done. Check to see if its already enabled. If it is enabled for it to work the mirror adjuster needs to be set to the passenger side.

Reactions: 777GE90
Also you can do it via dongles and apps like obd11. Which is how I did it.

Where are you located

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: 777GE90
Thanks all, will give it a go this weekend with VCDS. I had a go last weekend, inverted the start/stop functionality successfully, but when I was trying the mirror dip tweak, it detected that the module had never been coded before and was asking to fill it in with 12345/123/12345 or something like that, I decided to abort and do a bit more research first.

I guess it'll be fine to just fill in those values with 12345... as it's only supposed to indicate which dealership did the work.

Thanks all, will give it a go this weekend with VCDS. I had a go last weekend, inverted the start/stop functionality successfully, but when I was trying the mirror dip tweak, it detected that the module had never been coded before and was asking to fill it in with 12345/123/12345 or something like that, I decided to abort and do a bit more research first.

I guess it'll be fine to just fill in those values with 12345... as it's only supposed to indicate which dealership did the work.
Just click yes and it will work fine when that prompts and the coding will be accepted.

Why did you want to invert the start stop function? (Asking out of curiosity).

It has been driving me nuts on mine as when I am having to open the gates, car switches off then I drive through and get back out to close them and it's off again.

Why did you want to invert the start stop function? (Asking out of curiosity).

It has been driving me nuts on mine as when I am having to open the gates, car switches off then I drive through and get back out to close them and it's off again.

As well as inverting, you can also code the car to remember the last position the Start/Stop system was in, i.e. if I turn the car off and on the system won't default to being on, it will go back to the status it was before engine shutoff. Was one of the best mods when I discovered the feature!

Reactions: All-rod