VCDS & ADS - Last Setting Storage

Scott.T

Reaction score
I am aware that I can use VCDS to set the ADS to default to Auto, Manual, Individual or Comfort on start-up/ignition on and there are many threads on many forums enabling Non-ADS users to configure their cars as such.
But is it possible to configure it to remember the last setting if you do officially have ADS i.e I switch off the car in Individual mode, and it remembers that for the following drive.

I did stumble on a thread last night, but I didn't read enough to see if this was A4 B8 S4 specific, and now can't find it or remember the 'google search wordage' I used.

At the risk of sounding daft, doesn't ADS do that anyways?
I'm sure if I leave mine in individual, it stays in individual, same for all modes.
Apologies in advance if I've misunderstood.

At the risk of sounding daft, doesn't ADS do that anyways?
I'm sure if I leave mine in individual, it stays in individual, same for all modes.
Apologies in advance if I've misunderstood.

Mine always goes back to Auto.

Reactions: TahirS
is there ADS on your mmi CAR menu ? you prob can set it there if there is

Set ADS to specific preset Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Individual

[09 – Cent. Elect.][Security Access - 16]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 63
Set to 01 - Comfort, 02 - Auto, 03 - Dynamic or 04 - Individual
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 64
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 65
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 66
*Note all four channels needs to be set to the same value.

B8 ADS reverts to Auto with every new start, B8.5 remembers I think. I don't know of any way to make it remember. I have used the above settings to make it start each time in individual.

Reactions: Scott.T
B8.5 definitely remembers the ADS setting. It also remembers the D/S mode.

My 2008 B8 defaults back to Auto after being on either Comfort, Dynamic or Individual mode

B8 ADS reverts to Auto with every new start, B8.5 remembers I think.
Like the Hill Hold Assist
Had to activate it each time I started up on my B8 A4 but on my B8.5 S4 it defaults to what I left it last at

PS I have ADS & it remembers what the last setting was

Like the Hill Hold Assist
Had to activate it each time I started up on my B8 A4 but on my B8.5 S4 it defaults to what I left it last at

PS I have ADS & it remembers what the last setting was
I've still not even looked what my hill hold assist actually does or how to use it lol

Although the ADS remembers last setting it doesn't put the box in S upon restart.

Mine always defaults to 'D' regardless of what setting it was left in last...

Although the ADS remembers last setting it doesn't put the box in S upon restart.

Phil, it looks like you have contradicted yourself there. If mine is ADS dynamic but I change to D before parking. When I restart the car it will be in D.

I mean the same, the ADS remembers the dynamic/auto/economy/individual main program you last used, apart from the gearbox, which seems to be always in D, not S.

I.E when I select Dynamic the gearbox will go to S, but when I restart the car it will still be in Dynamic, but gearbox back in D

I'll double check but I don't think that's true for my car...