Vauxhall Monaro VXR

benw123

Reaction score
So what do we think? I'm a fan; never been a huge fan of Vauxhalls but it must have been enthusiasts who brought it into this country. Cool car.

car_photo_211122_5.jpg

car_photo_211120_5.jpg

car_photo_211118_5.jpg

Yea i like them, gets a cool from me. Saw a holden v8 pick up the other day. Sounded amazing.

I saw one in coventry a black one with the reg 'beast' it certainly is

I really like them, prefered them when you could only get them as a Holden Monaro by importing from Oz, made them much more exclusive, still cool for me.

S3Steve said:
I really like them, prefered them when you could only get them as a Holden Monaro by importing from Oz, made them much more exclusive, still cool for me.

Not really, it's also a Pontiac GTO in the US.

Still cool though

Hotscar said:
Please tell me, what makes it coo??

Throbbing big capacity V8 noise to die for...
Lazy, non threatening power sliding ability...
Price...
Rear wheel drive...

Sounds like cracking fun to me...and cool as a cucumber.

Ess_Three said:
Price...
Rear wheel drive...

I'd rather be seen in Margaret Thatcher and a V8 disco sounds better than that...it's a wanna be at a price that would get you more for your money second hand!

Ess_Three said:

Yup! A World away from the 911 it may be, but for hugely different reasons, great fun.

There's simply no replacement for displacement.

I got to be a passenger in one when a lad I know that works for a car mag had one to test. It's the sheer grunt of the thing and the noise that goes with it. Oh, and it stops as well as it goes - he tested the brakes coming off the M56, just before he re-arranged the boot of a Citroen. Cool for me I'm afraid.

Cool, but somehow cooler as a Holden! The 'V' badge lets it down.

I like it but i can't say it's cool!!

I spent a bit of time in Oz in 2005 & god did i love the growl the Holden SS models had :cool:

I really got into their Ute's. There was tonnes of them about. Altho i did prefer the Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo & XR8.

Craig :cool:

It's almost M5 performance but for half the money right? They just sound awesome on idle, with it's V8 burble, styling isn't too bad also imo... Cool for me.

My mate's got a silver one.

Awesome car, he's going on about getting a supercharger kit that takes it up to about 550 bhp.

He was gonna get a 330 bmw coupe but this was cheaper!!!!

Ess_Three said:
Price...
Rear wheel drive...

You've changed your tune re. Vauxhalls or perhaps this is the next best TAXI in the world ...

wigginer said:
You've changed your tune re. Vauxhalls or perhaps this is the next best TAXI in the world ...

No I haven't...I've owned my share in years gone by.

Besides...the Monaro is hardly a product of the recent Vauxhall gene pool, is it?

Had a go in one whilst in New Zealand last year...
Awsome stuff but it's still got a Vauxhall badge on it.
Import it as a Holden!

love the car but if i got one! i would go to oz and pick it up! it has to be a holden not a vauxhall

They look evil as patrol cars in New Zealand, saw plenty lurking in the undergrowth on my 3000k roadtrip last year...

I have always disliked Vauxhalls (personal thing, from experience in shoddily built Crappyliers, disAstras, Numptynovas etc) but I would probably take a break from my all things VAG habit for a Monaro...

It's about time they started producing some half decent looking cars...but really, would you spend over £30k on a Vauxhall? I wouldn't and I used to be a vauxhall driver once apon a time...

it's a V8...
enough said, cool for me, wouldn't matter if it wore a KIA badge!

lol well if it had a KIA badge then thats pushing it a little but that V8 is jus a BEAST!:jump:

So what do we think to the new Monaro ..... (sorry VXR8)

And what will Opel call it? The OPC8??? What was wrong with Monaro VXR (or OPC)

Go the HOLDEN!!!... :rockwoot: that pic is the VE commodore ss if im not mistaken..

Can't bet the rumble of a V8 :yes:

filipharvey said:
So what do we think to the new Monaro ..... (sorry VXR8)
414bhp - exactly the same output as the RS4, coincidence?
Is quattro, the Audi badge and premium engineering worth £15k more?
Damn right it is!
I expect that £15k difference would also be significantly reduced when you take depreciation into account (and the cost of all those rear tyres :eyebrows: ) .

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again! ... Vauxhall (GM etc) just keep nipping at the heels of the 'premier car manufacturers'!, and I'm sure they will never get there in the end because of cost/value etc.

In the meantime, I've never had a problem with Vauxhall's (having owned a few and still do!).

If the Monaro is not a 'typical Vauxhall', as some people on this thread imply then I would certainly be interested to see it go up vs an RS4 ... for obvious reasons. (Have I just spent 15K more than I should have?)

But I seriously doubt it!!!

Why? ... At the end of the day (No disrespect to Vauxhall) a Vauxhall is a Vauxhall and an AUDI is an AUDI and that currently is the natural order of things ...

ps. Pick it up next Wed (18/2) ...whooppeee!!!

Just come back from a couple of weeks in New Zealand. The Monaro is absolutely everywhere, they're an absolute bargain and look the Dogs.

Also to consider though is the Ford Falcon XR6, another stonking V8 and also a great looking car. both come in pick up varients with the same level of trim and engines as the saloons. they even have a race series for the pick ups over there

no question about it...........sub zero

shineydave said:
they even have a race series for the pick ups over there

That race series is called V8 Brutes (brUTES, geddit!?) and, although I'm not sure if it still is, it used to be shown on Motors TV on Sky. I have never, ever laughed so much watching a motor race. Forget F1. V8 Brutes was the most entertaining thing I've ever seen... Imagine big tuned V8's in a flatbed empty pickup! Lots of sideways action, lots of over taking and huge dollops of argy-bargy!! If a ute came in with both side mirrors still on it was a bad race!!!