Varta E44 Battery from Tayna - Warranty Experiences?

SAiLO

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have gone to the car this morning and it looks like the battery capacity has become insufficient to start the car.
Bought the Varta E44 just over four years ago and it has been great up until today.
Has anyone had any experiences getting a refund/replacement battery within the warranty period?

I have raised a support query with Tayna and will update this thread with the outcome but it would be great to know what chances I have based on others' experiences.

Grab a ctek, charge 8 step & test, they do sell ctek as well, great products.

Reactions: SAiLO
Grab a ctek, charge 8 step & test, they do sell ctek as well, great products.

I have actually ordered one from amazon. Lets see if it sorts it out.

Very interested to know how you get on with warranty. As I have same battery from Tanya around 3-4 years old. Similar issues.

Very interested to know how you get on with warranty. As I have same battery from Tanya around 3-4 years old. Similar issues.
Hi.

I have contacted Tayna and described issue I was having. They responded with details on how to return the battery but also mentioning that battery might be simply discharged due to cold weather, short journeys, lights left on etc.

After advice from @NHN I have decided to buy CTEK charger.

Charged the battery overnight and it works like brand new.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: dantdi and HHS3
Glad to hear charger sorted it for you. Also nice to know Tanya are happy to replace the battery.
So do you think your doing a to short journey's for battery ect?

Glad to hear charger sorted it for you. Also nice to know Tanya are happy to replace the battery.
So do you think your doing a to short journey's for battery ect?
Short journeys with lights, radio, rear window demister on, cold weather.

Not enough time for battery to charge.

It's easy enough to remove with the right tools and if charger can fix it then I guess it's better than getting a new one.

Reactions: dantdi